All Time Top 10

So here is a historical perspective. This list includes scores from 1965 - 1980 to better account for the tick system.

1) 1977 Long Island Sunrisers - 94.150

2) 1977 Hawthorne Caballeros - 94.100

3) 1977 Reading Buccaneers - 91.550

4) 1971 New York Skyliners - 91.500

5) 1971 Yankee Rebels - 90.750

6(T) 1972 Connecticut Hurricanes - 88.200

6(T) 1972 Rochester Crusaders - 88.200

8) 1977 Rhode Island Matadors - 87.800

9) 1975 Rochester Phoenix - 85.200

10) 1980 Westshoremen - 84.900

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone that was there explain what happen in 1977? 2 Corps scoirng 94+ seems a little out of place for the era. Only one corps (Cabs) had even broken a 92 ever before this year. Was there a change in the judging system or were both of these corps just that much better than anything else that had come before them?

lol who can remember that long ago?

If I have an error in my historical scores ... I would be glad to correct it if someone has the correct score with reasonable proof... Drum Corps World or whatever ...

lol who can remember that long ago?

If I have an error in my historical scores ... I would be glad to correct it if someone has the correct score with reasonable proof... Drum Corps World or whatever ...

Actually, those ARE the correct scores from 1977!!!!

Thanks Frank

I was busy playing my horn that year... '78 was my last year on the field playing...

Thanks Frank

I was busy playing my horn that year... '78 was my last year on the field playing...

No problem Tom.....

And for the record......in 1977 (as a 13 year old) I was in 7th grade, just learning how to read music and play the Saxophone!!!!! :smile::satisfied:

and I was only a year away from retiring... goodness... you CHILD you

No problem Tom.....

And for the record......in 1977 (as a 13 year old) I was in 7th grade, just learning how to read music and play the Saxophone!!!!! :smile::satisfied:

i was 9

:w00t:

Can someone that was there explain what happen in 1977? 2 Corps scoirng 94+ seems a little out of place for the era. Only one corps (Cabs) had even broken a 92 ever before this year. Was there a change in the judging system or were both of these corps just that much better than anything else that had come before them?

That was a year where the corps were head to head all year with a couple of positions swaps near the end. I think we pushed each other so hard that we all rose to the occasion - thus the high scores.

No problem Tom.....

and I was only a year away from retiring... goodness... you CHILD you

:w00t:

Hey Tom - Even I'll agree with you on this one...The thought of a 13 year old Frank (playing sax no less) is a bit unnerving.. :w00t:

'77 was a great show! - my first DCA..having those 2 corps at the top so close, made it tough to choose a winner.. :smile:

Pat