Donnie Ross (center)

Meaghan Cosand (center right)

Julie Zajac (center right)

Jordan Hagan (center right)

Janie S. (bottom left)

Kevin Brennan (bottom left)

D.J. (bottom left)

Ryan Miller (bottom center)

Ariana (bottom center) (based on the shield drawings, I think these are three separate entries)

Jatan (bottom center) (based on the shield drawings, I think these are three separate entries)

C.W. (bottom center) (based on the shield drawings, I think these are three separate entries)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blue devils had around 43, and spirit around 18.

This would probably be too big of a project, but I'd like to see the breakdown on sections. Might affect someone's decision on where to audition. A bubble brass player might have more luck with a corps that had more brass age-outs. Same scenario in percussion and guard.

BTW, did any synth players age-out? :thumbup:

Garry in Vegas

This would probably be too big of a project, but I'd like to see the breakdown on sections. Might affect someone's decision on where to audition. A bubble brass player might have more luck with a corps that had more brass age-outs. Same scenario in percussion and guard.

BTW, did any synth players age-out? :thumbup:

Garry in Vegas

Blue Devils synth player was an age-out.

Blue Devils synth player was an age-out.

Well, there's one spot we know they'll be auditioning for!

Get in line, nimble-fingered. Or, pull up a chair. Or something.

:thumbup:

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

• 2 weeks later...

Any more udpates?

It would be interesting to see what Crown's ageout number have been for the past ten years. I would be willing to bet that the numbers have risen significantly as their average age increased and competitive standing improved over those years.

That's one more challenge corps need to manage as they get into that top level. Of course, they have a lot more kids try out and get older/more talented kids auditioning, but turning over about 1/3 of your corps each year must add some challenges that do not exist (or, at least, not as significantly) when turning over only 1/6.

while the age out numbers are interesting the one number that isn't known is how many vets won't be returning, its a fact of life that veterans don't always come back, many reasons, health, school, has to get a job, family problems, didn't have a good summer, and then there are those vets that are quietly asked not to return, discipline issues, drug issues, under mine staff so that veteran number will shrink because all corps lose some vets from year to year