Teal Sound

I am a dinosaur and hate all that is elctronic in drum corps, but you guys blew me away. You used it to your full advantage and in so doing you have created a Garfield effect. People now hate you, people now love you. I am one of the latter. You guys introduced me to what a full blast usage of legal equipment can be and I was floored. Your overall show was truly unbelivable and I loved every minute of it. I immediatly went to your booth after the show and spent my money on your shirt and found out you also sell my alma mater Sky Ryder shirt. You have a new donor for the next year and a fan for life. Thanks for letting me enter the velvet rope area, and know that the hate spewed forth is just further fuel for your fire. Blast them all next year. Enter World and we will see you in the top 15. Congrats on a great placement with a well thought out production and hold your heads higer than the haters hold theirs........

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, somebody has to say it...what does Teal Sound like???!!!

Pretty cool and movin' up, that's what Teal Sounds like!!!! :satisfied:

As for the haters, they are just like clowns on a parade route...if you ignore them, they will go away.

As for the haters, they are just like clowns on a parade route...if you ignore them, they will go away.

What if the haters go away - and stop buying tickets, stop buying merchandise, stop paying tour fees, and stop cutting donation checks?

Randy can run his drum corps any way he wants to. If he can manage to keep his corps on tour and pay the bills, good for him. He will not see a dime of my money, so long as they continue to put on shows like the one I saw last Saturday. Period.

I will never buy a piece of Teal merchandise, or cut them a donation check. And if my son wants to march Teal someday, he will have to work a couple of summers at the Dairy Queen, to pay for it.

I simply cannot abide what passes from drum corps today. Appauling. A rock band fronting for a drum corps? Outrageous.

Edited by oldschooldbc

I agree full-heartedly. Maybe it's me being a teenager and seeing drum corps differently than the average DCP user, but I loved the show and I love Teal Sound. Good luck in Open Class competition and if you guys get to World Class, good luck there. :unhappy:

Electronics are okay for the enhance of the pit. ie, miking them so they can be heard along with the horn and drum lines but not to over shadow them. Drum sets, electric bass and such really have no place in a marching acitivity. We should be able to hear the different sections on the basis of their ability not the help of electronics. I prefer to be a purist.

if you guys get to World Class, good luck there. :)

My favorite animated Christmas show, when I was growing up, was "Santa Clause is Comin' To Town." And my favorite character from that movie was Burgermeister Meisterburger:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgermeister_Meisterburger

He was the villain of the film, who collected all the children's toys and burned them, after Santa had delivered them. Then he had Santa arrested. And what did he say to Santa, as the guards led him away? "Good bye, good luck, and good riddance."

That is what I would like to wish to them. Good luck in WC, because you are going to need it. You'll be going up against BDA, not BDB, and SCV, not SCVC. And good riddance, because I can't stand that type of show.

================================================================

Come to think of it....hmmmm... Maybe we can stage our own version of "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town", at Finals, next year! I can play the Burgermeister, and Randy can play Santa! We can take all the toys - guitars, synthesizers, amplifiers, etc. - and burn them. (Then again, I doubt if the Indianapolis fire marshall will let us light a bonfire inside the stadium. Oh well, another twisted dream of mine that will never come true......)

Edited by oldschooldbc

My favorite animated Christmas show, when I was growing up, was "Santa Clause is Comin' To Town." And my favorite character from that movie was Burgermeister Meisterburger:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgermeister_Meisterburger

He was the villain of the film, who collected all the children's toys and burned them, after Santa had delivered them. Then he had Santa arrested. And what did he say to Santa, as the guards led him away? "Good bye, good luck, and good riddance."

That is what I would like to wish to them. Good luck in WC, because you are going to need it. You'll be going up against BDA, not BDB, and SCV, not SCVC. And good riddance, because I can't stand that type of show.

================================================================

Come to think of it....hmmmm... Maybe we can stage our own version of "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town", at Finals, next year! I can play the Burgermeister, and Randy can play Santa! We can take all the toys - guitars, synthesizers, amplifiers, etc. - and burn them. (Then again, I doubt if the Indianapolis fire marshall will let us light a bonfire inside the stadium. Oh well, another twisted dream of mine that will never come true......)

Wow. Old School has issues. I think he needs to go back in time and not "burn" as much.

For everyone to adopt the attitude that a person cannot enjoy Teal Sound and still have a critical opinion seems very simple-minded and lacking of major insight into organizational behavior. I enjoyed their show a great deal. I don't dislike Teal Sound at all. I just don't think the organizational climate facilitates the full potential of the performers. Now, a good member would argue with me and I would expect them to - Why? Because most have little to compare it to. Does that mean they don't get anything worthwhile out of the experience? Certainly not.

:shutup:

Jason

Edited by treadstone

Teal Sound blah blah blah blah 1970s blah blah blah rock band blah blah blah blah blah bad blah blah blah whine whine whine blah blah blah.

It's funny. I think that with all the boldface, underlining and obscure references to TV shows and ferris wheels from like the 17th century, you're trying to portray and image of yourself as this distinguished gentleman that just hates to see the good name of drum corps ruined in the name of entertainment... but you really just seem like an immature jerk that stamps his foot and pouts just because a corps does a show differently than the way you think they should. You may be "oldschool" and all that, but seriously dude, grow up and get over yourself.

Wow. Old School has issues. I think he needs to go back in time and not "burn" as much.

I would not call '83 Pride of Cinci that old school at all, really. And I thought personal attacks and such were banned from DCP, but I guess not.