DCA TV spot now online

Glen

Definite bias, but everyone else will disagree I'm sure.

You have got to be kidding me, its a commerical for god's sake....................

It never ceases to amaze me how somepeople can bust their butts for the greater good, and still get slammed. I'm not EVERYONE (my name is KathLEEN not CatherINE), but I'll disagree with you. By saying there is a bias then you are alluding to malice on the part of the people that put it together, I dunno, what were you doing while they put this together? They were doing something for the greater good of the activity..............

What have you done for me lately?

AHHHHHH this is the crap that I don't miss

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the negativity of some of the posters is truly astonishing. Think big picture here folks. This commercial is not about "us" and our feelings as to whether our favorite corps is showcased and how many times. Are the photos and clips not eye-catching and attention-grabbing?! The commercial is intended to get butts in the seats and people interested in an activity that may know nothing or very little about.

Looks like someone splurged to buy iMovie... :thumbup:

Seriously, the commercial captures the excitement of percussion music (after all, it's called DRUM corps) with video editing similar to those great videos on the MTV. I just ordered tickets to the open class finals because of that commercial :thumbup: . I figured it was what the girl was telling me to do.

Keep up the good work. You guys are the greatest at whatever you cats do :thumbup: .

...and Hulka, what's all the negativity about negativity :ph34r: .

Edited by Ralphy

...exactly my point.

You do realize that commercial could have been done in Windows Movie Maker given you had the same high res images, video and a brain?

Also, just a suggestion, you might want to de-interlace the video. There are some major interlacing artifacts in the videos portion of the commercial.

Well Mr. Critic, you're basing your comments on a low-res YouTube version, not the high res tape that is on its way to the network.

If you want to continue to bash us and point out reasons why you think this all sucks, fine, but we're just trying to sell tickets and help DCA.

I, for one, think the reaction to the commercial when it hits television will speak for itself.

I said nothing of the quality other than that it was good.

My point was merely pointed at the tilt of the content. It is obvious why it is that way.

I respectfully disagree 100%. This commercial promotes DCA -- IMO, the strength of DCA is not the consecutive world championships of the Reading Buccaneers, the excitement of the Renegades, the precision of the Hurricanes or the hot Latin sizzle of the Caballeros etc. The strength of DCA is the fact that it is the most diverse and exciting pageantry event on the planet. It's not about any one corps -- it's ALL of them that makes DCA special.

In terms of selecting the video -- we went through hours of BVP video footage and marked all of the (relatively few) close up shots we could find. The final video clip selections were made, in fact, by an editor who has never seen a drum corps (any). At that time, he didn't know or care who won what DCA show, who was the world champion, or whatever -- he simply went for the exciting shots he thought would make a great commercial.

To address someone else's comment about the video footage resolution -- the video clips were taken from the official DVD set of the DCA Championships. We had absolutely no control over the resolution of the original DVD footage. But no matter what complaints may appear, at the end of the day, I am very proud of the commercial, and I think it is going to be dynamite on television.

Well Mr. Critic, you're basing your comments on a low-res YouTube version, not the high res tape that is on its way to the network.

If you want to continue to bash us and point out reasons why you think this all sucks, fine, but we're just trying to sell tickets and help DCA.

I, for one, think the reaction to the commercial when it hits television will speak for itself.

Its a wonderful move forward.I would to see a DCA sanctioned promo that people could use to recruit with or share with others to show what our actvity is.That could cover the spectrum of classes and such.Maybe something before the editing started.With original music, no waiting till after Memorial Day for permissions.Thank you to all involved.

Lee you are such a jerk, I teach one of the drum lines and I don't see any pics of me warmng up the line. Warm ups are a big part of the day, we spend more time warming up than we do on the field. Maybe next year you should show more of the lot!

...exactly my point.

You do realize that commercial could have been done in Windows Movie Maker given you had the same high res images, video and a brain?

Also, just a suggestion, you might want to de-interlace the video. There are some major interlacing artifacts in the videos portion of the commercial.

Well then you must realize it’s easier to sit on your buttocks and criticize then actually do something. That is the difference the between the haves and have nots.