DCA TV spot now online

Glen

A simple question for anyone who can give an informed response...

Does DCA have a means for tracking viewer response to the commercial? What I mean is, do the people in control have a way to tell what portion of ticket sales are attributable to the advertising? I doubt that the commercial was done gratis. It would be good to see how effective it is in putting butts in the seats.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same thing (no SoCal Dream)....but remember this is an advertisement for the general public....not for those of us in the activity. Thus, the larger corps make for better subject matter.

Yes, exactly, this is a commercial for the general public. The average Joe or even a DCI grad is not going to know what corps are on the commercial.

Is this 30 second clip just for finals? Like I said before, it would be cool for show hosts to be able to access this commercial for their local shows as well during the season.

Again, I like the commercial and I think it does a good job of advertising the activity in an exciting way. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I think the complainers would be happy with a documentory of all the corps so their particular corps could be featured.

Edited by Kansan

Lee you are such a jerk, I teach one of the drum lines and I don't see any pics of me warmng up the line. Warm ups are a big part of the day, we spend more time warming up than we do on the field. Maybe next year you should show more of the lot!

:thumbup:

Yes, exactly, this is a commercial for the general public. The average Joe or even a DCI grad is not going to know what corps are on the commercial.

Is this 30 second clip just for finals? Like I said before, it would be cool for show hosts to be able to access this commercial for their local shows as well during the season.

Again, I like the commercial and I think it does a good jub of advertising the activity in an exciting way. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I think the complainers would be happy with a documentory of all the corps so their particular corps could be featured.

tweaking this commercial for the local markets is a great idea

...exactly my point.

You do realize that commercial could have been done in Windows Movie Maker given you had the same high res images, video and a brain?

Also, just a suggestion, you might want to de-interlace the video. There are some major interlacing artifacts in the videos portion of the commercial.

All right then....make your own...just remember the end goal of ANY commercial of this type....butts in the seats, not making current/former members happy.

The fact is that this new DCA television spot has one purpose, and one purpose only -- to get people excited about the DCA Championships and sell tickets.

Absolutely on the money. Is Joe Know Nothing About Drum Corps going to care about which corps are featured, or not featured, in this spot? No.

Like Lee said, the object is to grab the attention of folks in the local market... and make 'em sit up and take notice. And then, hopefully, order tickets for the show.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

The spot looks great!

While our corps is not featured, we are running it front and center on our website.

And for the person lamenting the loss of shakos in DCI - Vigilantes are bringing our brand new shakos to Minnesota this weekend!

Edited by Euphscott

As an amateur videographer and editor, I liked the video a lot - it caught my attention. I would like very much to see the higher-resolution video if it becomes available at some point. I edit videos for my group to put on our website for recruiting purposes and having a "general" DCA video like this is fantastic.

I have no opinion about my or other corps not being in the video because I understand that the best shots have to be used in a video like this. If I were a prospective drum corps fan, I can tell you that I would prefer night-time shots in a video like this.

Kudos to everyone who produced this video! Thanks!

The spot looks great!

While our corps is not featured, we are running it front and center on our website.

And for the person lamenting the loss of shakos in DCI - Vigilantes are bringing our brand new shakos to Minnesota this weekend!

I am not familiar with your corps, but the name is Genius. :lol:

I am not familiar with your corps, but the name is Genius. :lol:

LOL....... :worthy: I'm guessing that name was on your list pre-Renegades. NOW....the question remains.......can they enter a hotel room thru a second story window......?? (2001 Syracuse) :worthy: (Who Cares)

Edited by melligene