Woodwinds in Drum Corps?

I have no problem with asymmetrical drill. I have no problem with the switch to the buildup system. Garfield won their first DCI title, with asymmetrical drill, in 1983; they won the first ever title under the build-up system in 1984. Those shows were absolutely tremendous.

Garfield won those titles with horns, percussion, guard - and nothing else. Those were legitimate, honest-to-goodness, 100% bona fide drum corps shows.

I would rather see those shows 100 times in a row, than watch a single show that is saturated with electronics or woodwinds. :blink:

Every drum corps show is a "legitimate, honest-to-goodness, 100% bona fide drum corps show".

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every drum corps show is a "legitimate, honest-to-goodness, 100% bona fide drum corps show".

Defined by whom? DCI didn't invent NOR define drum corps. Weird.

If the BoD adds woodwinds in ANY way.......we'll see what happens. :blink:

Drum corps as I knew it died when they got rid of BUGLES !!!! :blink:

Remember DRUM & BUGLE CORPS ? :blink:

Well, the true die hard drum & bugles corps fans do...too bad DCI doesn't !! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Defined by whom? DCI didn't invent NOR define drum corps. Weird.

What is weird is to think that a drum corps show that follows all of the rules is not a legitimate drum corps show.

DCI does indeed get to define what is and isn't drum corps for DCI and it's participating corps.

What is weird is to think that a drum corps show that follows all of the rules is not a legitimate drum corps show.

DCI does indeed get to define what is and isn't drum corps for DCI and it's participating corps.

You show me where DCI has the rights to use and define what a Drum and Bugle Corps is and I won't pester you. Quite honestly, they should be brought to court for fraud. They DO have the right to have rules, and run their organization as they see fit....not redefine words or mince words or bait and switch. We DO have laws for that.

You show me where DCI has the rights to use and define what a Drum and Bugle Corps is and I won't pester you. Quite honestly, they should be brought to court for fraud. They DO have the right to have rules, and run their organization as they see fit....not redefine words or mince words or bait and switch. We DO have laws for that.

By definition, as you state...DCI has the right to "have rules, and run their organization as they see fit"...the rules define just what drum corps is, and what it isn't...for DCI. What is a "bait and switch" in DCI????

By definition, as you state...DCI has the right to "have rules, and run their organization as they see fit"...the rules define just what drum corps is, and what it isn't...for DCI. What is a "bait and switch" in DCI????

Where is the issue MikeD? You cannot market something under fraudulent pretenses. As soon as you start selling something to the public the rules change MikeD. You cannot call something what it is not to sell it.

fraudulent misrepresentation

Definition

Instance of false statement where (1) the party making the statement is aware that it is false or disregards the possibility of it being false, (2) the party making the statement does so to induce another party to enter into a contract (ticket), and (3) the other party enters the contract as a result of the statement and consequently suffers a loss.

Edited by Mello Dude

Where is the issue MikeD? You cannot market something under fraudulent pretenses. As soon as you start selling something to the public the rules change MikeD. You cannot call something what it is not to sell it.

What false pretenses are you talking about?

What false pretenses are you talking about?

Calling it Drum and Bugle Corps.

Calling it Drum and Bugle Corps.

Wow this is an assinine line of argument. We get it: you don't like DCI drum corps. But just because your personal taste varies from (many) others (including DCI staff & directors) doesn't mean you get to define what drum corps is to the masses. Don't like DCI's definition of drum corps? Maybe DCA will work out better for you.