DCA SOUTH OPINION

DCA SOUTH  

90 members have voted

1. 1. who is the biggest thread in the south?

• Corpsvets
    • Music City Legend
    • Alliance
  2. 2. Who have the best most entertaining show this season?

• Corpsvets
    • Music City Legend
    • Alliance
  3. 3. Is Alliance having the best year for a new Open class Corps?

• Yes
    • No

The Cincinnati city limits literally end at Kentucky on the city's south side. Cincinnati, Louisville and Lexington are within 90 minutes of each other, or near enough. Which is one reason I've suggested a Winter standstill circuit to anyone who will listen.

MBI to Cincinnati is 11 hours and 12 minutes, CorpsVets to Cincinnati is 7 hours and 5 minutes, Shenandoah Sound to So, .............. you could have a DCA-S vs. DCA-C Throwdown

Robert

So:

C. vs S - MBI,Kilts,Govies,Lakeshore vs CorpsVets,Alliance,Music City L. Shenandoah.

Or how about:

maybe a North - South show in Baltimore, MD.

Cabs,Reading,Hurks, Fusion Vs CorpsVets,Alliance,MCL, Shenandoah

Or:

Then also maybe a DCA NE vs DCA C

In Toledo, OHIO. - MBI,Kilts,Govies,Lakeshore, vs Empire,Brigs,Crusaders,Reading in a "Snow Country Show Down"

IF only we had the MONEY to host these Three Shows.

Just a dream maybe. But it's fun to think of.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all meet up half way! What an awesome show that would be?! Full DCA-C and full DCA-S. Friggin awesome.

JJ...you have the best idea for sure!

DCAS

Alliance

Austin Stars

CorpsVets

Gulf Coast Sound

MCL

Shenandoah Sound

Sun Devils

DCAC

Chops

Frontier

Govenaires

Lakeshoreman

Kilties

Minnesota Brass

Vigilantes

Even if I got some of the regions wrong, this would be an AWESOME super regional. I bet if we got the right minds together...and a sponsor, we could find a place to have this show and really pull this thing off. It does not seem to me to be a pipe dream. This is quite possible. "The DCA Throwdown 2010". Possibly the biggest show of the season besides DCA prelims. I like it.

Edited by John M. Johnson

I will say having seen Bush and CV at Bridgeport CV had a much more complete show than Bush did that night. Their guard (CV's) had a completed book. Bush's drill was filled with horn holes. Difficulty wise Bush's guard was heads above CV, Bush's drum line was cleaner and I'd give Bush difficulty overall for show as in you could see the concept even if it wasn't being performed yet.

That being said, CV deserved the win. Bush was not as prepared as CV. That being said you can't compare scores from almost 2 months ago to today and expect that the differences between the two corps are not going to change.

I just want to remind the folks in this thread that Bush is famous for their late-season pushes. They are in the midst of one right now, so it's highly possible that the scores are indeed accurate. And that's no slam on the southern corps either.

gotta agree here. and really...til you're all in one place at one time, it's all math.

that said I think the Southern corps have come a long way....i mean 3 have a shot at finals. Used to be just 1

I will say having seen Bush and CV at Bridgeport CV had a much more complete show than Bush did that night. Their guard (CV's) had a completed book. Bush's drill was filled with horn holes. Difficulty wise Bush's guard was heads above CV, Bush's drum line was cleaner and I'd give Bush difficulty overall for show as in you could see the concept even if it wasn't being performed yet.

That being said, CV deserved the win. Bush was not as prepared as CV. That being said you can't compare scores from almost 2 months ago to today and expect that the differences between the two corps are not going to change.

i said the same thing on 7/18

Mid West DCA Vs Sputh DCA

My idea

Find the place.

Each Corps get 100 -$15 tickets to sell. This generates 1500. Each Corps keeps X turns the rest over to the sporsor.

Sell the ticket to supporters, spectators Corps members who want to compete in a big show.

This show is possible I think. Get a school to give you the stadium for concessions and you easily pay for judges and make a profit.

Sorry for my bad math, but you get the idea.

Edited by Peggly43

Mid West DCA Vs South DCA

My idea, sorry bad math

Edited by Peggly43

Ummm... 15 x 100 = $1500, not $15,000. Still, like the scores, it's all math ($1 to Ream, or would that be $10?)

Nice idea...

Ummm... 15 x 100 = $1500, not $15,000. Still, like the scores, it's all math ($1 to Ream, or would that be $10?)

Nice idea...

15 corps X 100 thickets each = 1500 tickets

1500 tickets X $10 per ticket = $15,000

But I only count 14 corps. From the list above:

DCAS

Alliance

CorpsVets

Gulf Coast Sound

MCL

Shenandoah Sound

Sun Devils

DCAC