DCA SOUTH OPINION

DCA SOUTH  

90 members have voted

1. 1. who is the biggest thread in the south?

• Corpsvets
    • Music City Legend
    • Alliance
  2. 2. Who have the best most entertaining show this season?

• Corpsvets
    • Music City Legend
    • Alliance
  3. 3. Is Alliance having the best year for a new Open class Corps?

• Yes
    • No

Ya gotta love the comraderie that's happening in DCA!!!

Team work is awesome!!! Good luck in making this happen because I think it's a great idea!!!

As much as I would like to see this proposed regional show in my hometown (Cincinnati), I don't

know if Cincinnati could get a large enough audience. Tom Slade from "Cinti Tradition" would have a better idea of that. This area does support two DCI shows each year, each show has an established

fan base, mailing list(s) and each is long running.The two college marching bands here have directors with DCI/DCA experience. That would be Miami university and University of Cincinnati. Advice from either Director would be valuable.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, JJ, you know I am from Paducah, which we all know is the center of the known universe.

:sleeping:

:thumbup: OK I learned something this morning. :worthy:

OK, I think the first thing we need to do - seriously - is get support from the region coordinators, Amber and Vic. If they think this is the way to go, then they could approach the DCA executives to get their thoughts on the issue.

Also, I think it would be prudent to invite our friends out west to participate, which would help them a great deal as well due to their heavy expenditures to travel East for Finals. Does anyone else agree with this? I mean, as far as Open Class is concerned, you'd have MBI (assuming they would come out to play with us), MCL, ALLIANCE, and CV. Class A would be HUGE.

I agree wholeheartedly - Super Big Fantastic DCA Super Regional is a great name for a show. And the patch would be massive - a billboard, I'm telling ya's guys. Oops, traitor in the midst.

Now that I am on the Paducah kick, Murray State is the perfect place for a drum corps show. Actually saw my first one there in 1979. They have hosted Festival of Champions marching band show for like 30+ years and artificial turf too!

Another good suggestion. Murray State would be a great venue, although I like the Illinois State Univ idea slightly better since Murray doesn't have the interstate infrastructure like the Bloomington, IL area. Murray is also a smaller town with not much around it which would make housing a little more challenging.

Also, I think it would be prudent to invite our friends out west to participate, which would help them a great deal as well due to their heavy expenditures to travel East for Finals. Does anyone else agree with this?

I completely agree

OK, I think the first thing we need to do - seriously - is get support from the region coordinators, Amber and Vic. If they think this is the way to go, then they could approach the DCA executives to get their thoughts on the issue.

Also, I think it would be prudent to invite our friends out west to participate, which would help them a great deal as well due to their heavy expenditures to travel East for Finals. Does anyone else agree with this? I mean, as far as Open Class is concerned, you'd have MBI (assuming they would come out to play with us), MCL, ALLIANCE, and CV. Class A would be HUGE.

I agree wholeheartedly - Super Big Fantastic DCA Super Regional is a great name for a show. And the patch would be massive - a billboard, I'm telling ya's guys. Oops, traitor in the midst.

Is it even possible to construct a patch larger than the old legion post patch we wore on the old CV uniform? :laughing: I used to have a photo taken from the space shuttle over Rockmart during our home show and you could actually see those patches. True story...

Is it even possible to construct a patch larger than the old legion post patch we wore on the old CV uniform? :laughing: I used to have a photo taken from the space shuttle over Rockmart during our home show and you could actually see those patches. True story...

I remember those patches and they took up most of one sleeve. You could see those patches before you saw the person wearing it. :unsure:

Don't forget the Kilties!

The only thing I see in this thread that needs more thought is the ticket sales thing.

I'm not sure how a corps from Orlando could ever sell tickets to a show in, say, Paducah.

Or someone from Minnesota for a show in Cinci.

Sure, if the individual corps wanted some tickets to sell, then by all means, but unless I'm totally missing something, I think other than the really close-in corps may have a really hard time selling a $20-ish ticket AND a couple hundred dollar road trip and hotel stay.

Did I miss something?

The only thing I see in this thread that needs more thought is the ticket sales thing.

I'm not sure how a corps from Orlando could ever sell tickets to a show in, say, Paducah.

Or someone from Minnesota for a show in Cinci.

Sure, if the individual corps wanted some tickets to sell, then by all means, but unless I'm totally missing something, I think other than the really close-in corps may have a really hard time selling a $20-ish ticket AND a couple hundred dollar road trip and hotel stay.

Did I miss something?

I briefly touched on this aspect, regarding Cincinnati. Perhaps you missed that? The show would have to be heavily promoted within the area it is being held. That is why I don't feel confident that Cinti would be profitable. It is also why I think it is better to "attach" a regional designation to an already successful show... IE: MCL's show in Nashville.

I briefly touched on this aspect, regarding Cincinnati. Perhaps you missed that? The show would have to be heavily promoted within the area it is being held. That is why I don't feel confident that Cinti would be profitable. It is also why I think it is better to "attach" a regional designation to an already successful show... IE: MCL's show in Nashville.

HHmmm.......the wheels are already turning in this brain. And, as much as MCL would LOVE to host this Super Big Fantastic DCA Super Regional, are we accomplishing the location being in the center of the universe for the outer-lying corps? Although, if Paducah is the center of the universe, it is only about 1.5 hours from Nashville. Not bad.