Temperature remains issue in LOS

From everything I've read, I seriously doubt DCI was under the misapprehension that they could open the roof for finals week. I'd say they knew exactly what they were in for. While I'd like to think that what disgruntled fans think matters to them regarding this, I am (understandably, I believe) dubious.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From everything I've read, I seriously doubt DCI was under the misapprehension that they could open the roof for finals week. I'd say they knew exactly what they were in for. While I'd like to think that what disgruntled fans think matters to them regarding this, I am (understandably, I believe) dubious.

Well said Lance, well said.

Considering the scope of the issue most people on DCP seem to think in regard to LOS...I think it would be more then fair to allow DCI to take the time needed to discuss issues/concerns with the city of Indianapolis and LOS. We do not know what is going on in the DCI offices, or in the offices of LOS. I'm sure the stadium people are a little more focused on football right now.

Better to wait and get correct and more absolute answers/solutions then to rush through everything (which most DCPer's would complain about, too) and leave loose ends.

oh i agree. i didnt expect answers by now. maybe a public statement saying "we're looking into concerns", but not answers

i also had doubts about it being opened. but if ticket sales suck, then they may want to listen to the fans.

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

I'm not sure what people think DCI is actually going to do about it? They're not going to do anything except put an overall survey out about your experience at Indy and only a small portion of it is going to address the sound issue. Listen, as we have said DCI got into this knowing full well what they were doing. 10 years. They knew it would be an indoor event, they knew their would be potential sound issues that they would have to attempt to address. It is the direction drum corps is going. Jim Mason joining the Scouts......wow the stars are aligning...... Who's the one person that brought drum corps inside to a stage? It's perfect....It's great for the Scouts because if anyone can work out the logistics of creating an indoor stage for drum corps its Jim and perhaps he will end up being a leading figure in this movement. Only time will tell.

except the majority of shows are outdoors

ah good point.

except the majority of shows are outdoors

For now anyway.

Well, they may not have any roof to worry about once Madison takes the field next season.

I'm sure they'll at least raise the temperature a few degrees.

Roof....smchmoof. Madison is back. Stop your kvetching.

Hey, I loved Blast! But seriously you are correct this was THE GET of the year! One of the tops of the decade too!