2009 DCA Prelims Show - Live Thread

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great trumpet/snare moment. Snares doing serious stick work, lots of notes in the trumpets.

Same goes for tenors/mellos and low brass/basses.

Nice effect. Horns marching backfield and playing the ballad, lone snare facing front, coming through at a much faster tempo and just ramming notes. When he gets to the rest of the drum line, the solo starts.

Does Alliance have an indoor drum line? That would help explain why they're so #### good!

That was a serious throw down from the drums!

Killer 16th note ripple run from one end of the horn line to the other, then back. ALMOST clean all the way through.

Final moments of the closer almost sound like it should be from Batman. Very mysterious while building to the end.

I'm telling you, if this corps could take some of the "all loud all of the time", they would be a real force! I am impressed but we need contrasts. When the brass gets softer, the percussion overplays. Other than that, I'm sold!!

Nice effect. Horns marching backfield and playing the ballad, lone snare facing front, coming through at a much faster tempo and just ramming notes. When he gets to the rest of the drum line, the solo starts.

Does Alliance have an indoor drum line? That would help explain why they're so #### good!

That was a serious throw down from the drums!

Edited by MichaelB

Hmmm, not too sure where Grenadiers could have lost 1.24 Govies. 1.24 should be no problem for Grenadiers to pick up tomorrow night. If not, then they should be proud anyway.

However, I had a feeling DCA would keep the spread just enough to keep Grenadiers from that top spot.

So, what ... it's a plot to keep Grennie out of it?

Different day - different judges - different scores. Affects all corps the same.

The Alliance drum line is almost entirely made up of members of the Atlanta Quest Indoor Drum Line.

How does Quest do competitively? What I've seen from Alliance is mind blowing.