2009 DCA Alumni Spectacular Show - Live Thread

Soprano trio up front wailing away, mellos playing the Rio line as loud as they can. This is just mind blowing.

Kevin - Sorry to burst a bubble, but we were NOT playing as loud as we could. Larry wanted a cleaner, more melodic sound, so we kept the individual volume to less than max. We do take pride in being the "'Phone Company'", we can blast with the best, but prefer to play with quality volume.

Frank Z

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for making us all feel like rock stars!

Thanks very much for the play by play. Everybody loves to hear things written about themselves.

Cheers

Caballeros Alumni

DSC_7924.jpg

I've been seeing this guy my ENTIRE drum corps career... which goes back to the mid 70's. I've seen him in Drum Corps World... Drum Corps News... on posters... pictures here on DCP... but I never actually met him. Clearly, he is a legend in the DCA world... but thing that BUGS me is that in my opinion, he doesn't appear to have aged all that much, and has actually gotten cooler looking all these years into it.

Ticks me off... :tongue:

oh BTW: :worthy: to Mr. Russo

I've been seeing this guy my ENTIRE drum corps career... which goes back to the mid 70's. I've seen him in Drum Corps World... Drum Corps News... on posters... pictures here on DCP... but I never actually met him. Clearly, he is a legend in the DCA world... but thing that BUGS me is that in my opinion, he doesn't appear to have aged all that much, and has actually gotten cooler looking all these years into it.

Ticks me off... :tongue:

oh BTW: :worthy: to Mr. Russo

He has a painting of himself in his attic. Don't go to look at it - You might not come out. ALIVE!!!!

He has a painting of himself in his attic. Don't go to look at it - You might not come out. ALIVE!!!!

is it like the "Picture of Dorian Gray?" ... or maybe like... Elvis on velvet... :tongue:

Dale keeps him young... mellophone players will do that to you... especially one that pretty... and of course he has those bionic parts (teflon hips) to keep him moving...

Seriously, Jimmy is one of a kind... always there and always the showman even if it was working through pain... 'dem Lucy's kids were tough!

Jimmy is like fine wine -- he has gotten even better with age. Ever the showman, he is passionate about his corps, both on and off the field. He raises the level of our performance just by his presence on the podium. As Tom said, he has worked through pain, more often than you can imagine. 'Tough' and 'resilient' barely begin to describe his grit and determination.

Despite his notoriety and 'legend' status, I have seen him stop and be gracious to fans and strangers as if they were lifelong friends. I am proud to be able to call him my friend and fellow corps member.

BTW: It was leaked this weekend he has a birthday next week. A BIG birthday, in fact.