2009 DCA Finals Show - Live Thread

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another country heard from. You are right about the Bucs, but Dennis is never wrong. That's what he tells me

Glad you finally caught up there Kev....... :worthy::devil::devil:

Come on Tony. Are you telling me you wouldn't sell your soul just to march finals one more time?

Because of my health I guess it's a lot easier to say "NO"...

Please don't mis understand me, I truly LOVED my time competing and I love everyone and everything Donna and I shared while we were "out there".... B U T, "My" time has come and gone and I'm OK with that... :devil:

Now, Donna?.... She would LOVE to "do it again"... :devil:

Come on Tony. Are you telling me you wouldn't sell your soul just to march finals one more time?

It's not the marching finals that's the killer - it's the marching every sunday, the show in Nutley NJ, the show in West Geneseo NY, the show in Parkersburg, WV, the show in Tom's River NJ, the drive to North Carolina for the rain out that takes 14 hours of sitting in the rain - marching a total of 2,300 miles between February and September.

It's shining more shoes than you did in 4 years in the military, cold showers (when there's no good reason, unlike when you were young), polishing horns, cleaning out mouthpieces, practicing 10 minutes of music for 1,000 hours.

Marching finals is easy - getting there?

Priceless...

and no, as much as I would love to do it again, I wouldn't inflict these feet on any drum corps.

Another country heard from. You are right about the Bucs, but Dennis is never wrong. That's what he tells me

He tells me that too all the time. For someone who didn't even know I was already in

the Cabs in '71 he seems to know alot.