Perfect scores.

these are fascinating... great digging them up Gary...

GE was quite similar to today's GE... it was a build up...

Has anyone noticed that one set of sheets are 80/20 (GE vs Exc) and the other is 90/10

Most likely the 80/20 is Legion and 90/10 is VFW... but they could be local where a sponsor would choose which to use.

I wondered about that--Ok, just because I want to know, even though it reads "judges will score errors only" , the GE score was a build up, and only 10 or 20 points at that? I was wondering how you tic GE. To be quite honest, this is fascinating.....

Also I did notice the GE scores were added together as were the inspection scores, everything else was averaged.

Edited by tommyfromhowardst

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a little clarification on the old sheets... on the tick sheets - each of the subcaptions had it's own box... so in addition to finding the error, you had to identify the error and locate the correct box and put the tick there... If you look at those sheets, it says 5% or whatever next to the tick sub category... this was just to help you control your sampling and give you an idea of how much of your time you should be spending looking for errors in each subcategory. If you sampled correctly, the number of ticks should come out even in each subcaption. This of course was ridiculous as corps presented different quantities of judgeable situations from each sub caption...

One drill might be heavy on cover while someone else's is heavy on interval... and so on...

My only point is that even looking at these, you can see how it got very complicated real quick. Sheets using almost exactly this breakdown and list of subcaptions were in use into the 60's.

again - thanks Gary... these are great... do you have any individual sheets that survived?

Edited by TomPeashey

Then how do we account for scores in June, July and early August if ten is best of the night?

Regards,

John

i was talking in a sub box, not overall

a little clarification on the old sheets... on the tick sheets - each of the subcaptions had it's own box... so in addition to finding the error, you had to identify the error and locate the correct box and put the tick there... If you look at those sheets, it says 5% or whatever next to the tick sub category... this was just to help you control your sampling and give you an idea of how much of your time you should be spending looking for errors in each subcategory. If you sampled correctly, the number of ticks should come out even in each subcaption. This of course was ridiculous as corps presented different quantities of judgeable situations from each sub caption...

One drill might be heavy on cover while someone else's is heavy on interval... and so on...

My only point is that even looking at these, you can see how it got very complicated real quick. Sheets using almost exactly this breakdown and list of subcaptions were in use into the 60's.

again - thanks Gary... these are great... do you have any individual sheets that survived?

I do,.................the one is a tissue paper carbon copy glued into one of those big old scrapbbooks, and it is falling apart,................. the book itself is in pretty bad shape, I really need to spend some time repairing it...............and it won't fit the bed of any of my scanners.................if I get a chance, I'll try and take a photo and post it.......

I do,.................the one is a tissue paper carbon copy glued into one of those big old scrapbbooks, and it is falling apart,................. the book itself is in pretty bad shape, I really need to spend some time repairing it...............and it won't fit the bed of any of my scanners.................if I get a chance, I'll try and take a photo and post it.......

Gary......somewhere there is an old brown leather brief case with a lot of score sheets from the 1960's. Might check with Joe S. Somebody has to have it.

Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my queries.

The Mini-corps venue is new to most of us in SKY ALUMNI, and going in we were not entirely sure how our efforts would be seen by the judges. Speaking for myself, the result was happily beyond my expectations. The goal was that we be viewed as serious contenders moving forward. Having a better understanding of the scoring process up front can only help us all.

Rich

No question... you guys done good... Everyone was very pleasantly surprised... We all look forward to next year.

Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my queries.

The Mini-corps venue is new to most of us in SKY ALUMNI, and going in we were not entirely sure how our efforts would be seen by the judges. Speaking for myself, the result was happily beyond my expectations. The goal was that we be viewed as serious contenders moving forward. Having a better understanding of the scoring process up front can only help us all.

Rich

I was at the mini corps contest, standing behind the highrise platform where the judges were. From where I was standing, I could not see who was on the stage. I entered after the announcer had finished introducing the corps that was on the stage. So I had no idea WHO the corps was.....

Until they began to play. IT WAS SKYLINERS! unmistakable sound!! I peeked around the obstruction to confirm what my ears heard.... yep... It's them! You guys did yourselves proud!

I was at the mini corps contest, standing behind the highrise platform where the judges were. From where I was standing, I could not see who was on the stage. I entered after the announcer had finished introducing the corps that was on the stage. So I had no idea WHO the corps was.....

Until they began to play. IT WAS SKYLINERS! unmistakable sound!! I peeked around the obstruction to confirm what my ears heard.... yep... It's them! You guys did yourselves proud!

Really Steve.....what were their options? Sorry I missed the show but, in my minds eye I can hear SKY ....and....nothing but ...SKY. Good for them :laughing: Glad to know they still have that unmistakable sound that makes them who they are.

Edited by melligene