What corps brought emotion to you?

I might be called too emotional but, in Rochester two alumni corps had me wiping my eyes. Skyliners and the Caballeros. The competitive corps did not affect me the same.

What corps moved you to tears or chills?

There were many - but mostly the alumni corps who show such courage and dedication.

1. A red alumni corps (Skyliners?) had a gentleman who stoicly marched out to his spot in the arc once the corps set up after entry. Then during "Time to Say Goodbye", he marched off - in step - to the sidelines. The kicker? He was using a walker. It was like nothing was going to stop him from being there! Certainly my #1 hero over the weekend.

2. Another alumni corps had a chair in the arc with a bugle and uniform. As the announcer explained that this was for their buddy who passed away in October. This really got me.

3. Seeing Geoff Silver's shako, tunic, and sop on the front lines along with Cozy's shoes & DCW press pass. :tongue::worthy:

4. Park City Prides' rifle/cymbal/latin percussion ladies had me bust with cymbal-ic pride! They would certainly have won Best Showmanship if the alums had such an award.

5. Bushwackers' gyroscope brought much emotion to my stomach. yeow!

6. Govies little 7-week old baby - dressed in a green onesie - doing the kickline at post-encore...sleeping through the whole thing. That was certainly maternal emotion. :tongue:

7. Finally - got to give it up to Bonnie Ott, who Renetrilled her way into my heart. She stands up to those youngins' with power and finesse. :tongue:

I love drum corps. :tongue:

Emoticon Mav

Didn't arrive until sat. afternoon but, and I don't know why, the very first actual "Goosebump" was Boston's "Conquest" at the Alumni show. Must be a nostalgia thingee or just the presentation. Ensuing goose bumps were everything from Cabs Alumni.

Ok coming on and off the field with the Bridgemen knowing this is the last time we'll all be together for this season and knowing many faces will change in the year to come. It's the same reaction I have every year. Some worse than others but it was better than last year.... I'm a sap.

I teared up watching the end of the Hurcs finals performance because I've never seen the corps that good in the 20 years I've been around. What they did meant so much for me as an alumni. I teared up again when they went from 2nd to 4th.

I teared up for Jami when I saw her at the Bucs truck because since I got the text Saturday morning I knew what an impossible weekend it was for her, for the corps...

There were many - but mostly the alumni corps who show such courage and dedication.

1. A red alumni corps (Skyliners?) had a gentleman who stoicly marched out to his spot in the arc once the corps set up after entry. Then during "Time to Say Goodbye", he marched off - in step - to the sidelines. The kicker? He was using a walker. It was like nothing was going to stop him from being there! Certainly my #1 hero over the weekend.

2. Another alumni corps had a chair in the arc with a bugle and uniform. As the announcer explained that this was for their buddy who passed away in October. This really got me.

3. Seeing Geoff Silver's shako, tunic, and sop on the front lines along with Cozy's shoes & DCW press pass. :tongue::worthy:

4. Park City Prides' rifle/cymbal/latin percussion ladies had me bust with cymbal-ic pride! They would certainly have won Best Showmanship if the alums had such an award.

5. Bushwackers' gyroscope brought much emotion to my stomach. yeow!

6. Govies little 7-week old baby - dressed in a green onesie - doing the kickline at post-encore...sleeping through the whole thing. That was certainly maternal emotion. :tongue:

7. Finally - got to give it up to Bonnie Ott, who Renetrilled her way into my heart. She stands up to those youngins' with power and finesse. :tongue:

I love drum corps. :tongue:

Emoticon Mav

that was Boston for #1

first off...Bucs even coming on the field at prelims.

Conquest

Bridgemen

Cabs Alumni

Cabs ballad

MBI's ballad

and Bucs ballad at finals...that was emotion

Hawthorne.

Russo.