Troopers, am I the only one to notice

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know this is an interesting thread. Their was another thread out their that was closed and for good reason that concerned Colts members behavior and saying that "they hate the Troopers". Sorry don't mean to hijack this thread but it relates to some of the comments here as well about who deserved to be in finals and I really wanted to address the OP of that thread anyway here goes...

My daughter marched with the Colts. Of course she wanted to make finals like any kid in any of the corps in semi's that didn't make it. Of course she felt like they should have been in finals like probably the majority of the kids who marched in the Colts. She was very disappointed that they weren't in. I know she has conversations with one of her best friends she made this summer about who they thought should have made finals. What really matters though is that they talk and laugh about the summer experience, what they did, about their shows, the shows of other corps, the bus rides etc...etc...etc. They laugh and make fun that the Troopers show was about Pocahontas and the Colts show was about a pond. When it comes down to it they just can't wait to see each other again. She asks me often if I can drive her to go see her friend and I tell her it's to far away and she gets mad at me. I tell her I'm sorry I just can't up and drive to Wyoming in a heart beat....because yes, her friend is a Trooper she met this summer. Also, I know it wasn't just my daughter, a lot of the kids who met became friends with each other. So sorry again If I got a little off topic but most of the kids who actually marched in these corps this summer would probably laugh at the accusation.

I really didn't see any similarity between Troopers this year, and any Blue Devils show. I don't think stylings or arrangements resembled anything similar to Blue Devils. I suppose the only thread of a comparison would be the 98 Blue Devils One Hand One Heart show, where they used the music of West Side Story.

It was a very nice show. Interesting arrangements of West Side Story. Nowhere near the performance level of a top 12 show though. And possibly the worst performance by a color guard on the field this year. Nothing difficult in the guardwork, and I didn't see a single simple spin that was together. Musically it didn't seem like a very difficult book either. So I am not sure where the comparison would really be between this show and a Blue Devils show.

Funny because the judges thought Trooper's guard was better than Phantoms a couple shows before finals week.

And the guard work seemed just as difficult as anyone else. Its not like they sat around on chairs for an entire song just doing drop spins or anything...

Funny because the judges thought Trooper's guard was better than Phantoms a couple shows before finals week.

And the guard work seemed just as difficult as anyone else. Its not like they sat around on chairs for an entire song just doing drop spins or anything...

And there really were some amazing rifle work and tosses that were caught perfectly high impact moments. (only complaint most people had was that they didn't like the guard costumes)

Its not like they sat around on chairs for an entire song just doing drop spins or anything...

Neither did Blue Devils.

Which suck. So many corps sell-out to "playing the game".

Are you willing to fund the corps single-handed in order to allow them to go back in time? If you're not willing to make it financially reasonable for the corps to survive by doing something against their own best interest, then all the complaints don't mean a thing.

Are you willing to fund the corps single-handed in order to allow them to go back in time? If you're not willing to make it financially reasonable for the corps to survive by doing something against their own best interest, then all the complaints don't mean a thing.

I would say this one just about closes the thread! Enough said. Troopers made it, yours didn't, on to next season. :rolleyes: