Myron Rosander to Phantom Regiment

Kieren

Regiment jazz runs with straight legs since 2008...

Well considering I didnt see them at all this year and only saw them once or twice in 08, I guess I just haven't seem to notice. There still seems to be a lot of knee bend in the technique

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another SCV visual staff departure. it really makes me nervous.

one the other hand, Phantom deserves brillian guy like Myron after 2009.

Myron is responsible for some of my favorite visual designs in all of drum corps. That he'd be designing the visual program for my favorite drum corps--that's just outstanding. I'm very, very happy with the announcement and am excited at the possibilities for the Regiment. I think it's going to be classic stuff.

we'll see. His drill is always good, if not a bit too difficult. I think Phantom has the talent to pull it off, but they're going to need more instruction in individual marching, and they're going to have to ditch this jazz running at 6 to 5 stuff. Won't work with the drill.

why does this come up so much? they don't jazz run at 6 to 5 unless the people moving 6to5 are moving with others taking much larger steps, it makes more sense and looks better for everybody to go toe down instead of just a few. I've also seen them do toe down to make it fit better with a transition. It's not to make things look harder than they actually are, and it's not their 6-5 technique.

agree on the old jazz running... looked bad with the straight leg regular marching technique, but now that they do the straight leg jazz run it looks a lot better

What years did he write for Madison? Was it just 06?

I see this being a fantastic pickup for Phantom. I can't wait to see what they pull out this year. But I am curious about him writing for Phantom and Mandarins in the same season. Is he going on tour with either? Are there any other drill designers who write for more than one corps? I know Gaines "supposedly" wrote for Spirit and Cavaliers a few years ago, but heard through the grape vine that it wasn't actually him with Spirit's drill.

He wrote for the Cascades the only year they made Finals. Vanguard placed 4th that year, so I think he will manage just fine. Nice pick-up for Phantom.

not true.

read the rest...

they will also go toe down if some of the transitions look better that way. Especially now that they do the straight leg jazz run thing some things just look better toe down than up, why march it 'regularly' if it looks better the other way? just because that is what traditionally is done?

some examples that come to mind are 08: opener when they go in the block and move the whole block directly across the field with the hornline playing unison '1 -2 -3 1 la le 2 la le' (if it were in 12/8) they wen't toe down, and I think it looks better that way than if they were to march it... also the very ending of 08 with them jazz running, not sure what their step size was but if they were able to 'regular' march it I think it would have been more difficult for members

I think they are very smart with when they choose to go toe down.... you may disagree, but that's how I see it

but... this is off topic so anywho

yippee for myron :)

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

I have one thing to say:

yay!!! :sleeping:

I have noticed that Regiment adopted the BD/Crown straight leg jazz run in 08. Looks good.

Edit* - And by straight-leg, I mean minimal plie. There is more plie the larger the step size, and less the smaller the step size. Ankles as low to the ground as possible on the passthrough.

Edited by jamesjones0611