Myron Rosander to Phantom Regiment

Kieren

I've been a DCI fan for right on twenty years now, and a Phantom fan ever since the first day I saw drum corps. This is just my opinion, but while they've had iconic drill "moments" and some top-flight staging at points in their great shows, I don't think they've ever had an entire show's worth of drill that really ever challenged with the other top corps. Some years they executed their drill to that level, but they've never really taken that leap up. (Like I said, just my opinion.)

I think hiring Myron is absolutely brilliant, and that PR might finally develop a distinct drill identity to go with their top notch hornline, drumline and ... well... sense of the theatrical. :)

Mike

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad they didnt make a big deal out of Nick not returning for the next season....

I was quite critical of their handling of the colorguard design announcement last year - not PR's fault as a corps, but the actions of a board member who posts on DCP.

But I do appreciate how this was handled. Particularly how he (and his help in winning the 2008 title) was included in the Rosander press release. Good move.

Congrats to Myron and to the Regiment. Myron has a unique voice in the drill writing world, and I look forward to seeing another one of his creations this summer.

wow, he has great drill, some of the best

It really pays off when marched cleanly and I think Regiment can pull that off, their individual marching technique has gotten so much better since 04

if they can keep their music up there, and nail his drill, they could be monsters

wow, he has great drill, some of the best

It really pays off when marched cleanly and I think Regiment can pull that off, their individual marching technique has gotten so much better since 04

if they can keep their music up there, and nail his drill, they could be monsters

i think that's the title of their show for next year... ;p

This is great news! looking forward to a great 2010! :)