Blue Devils' Technique

Crown and BD have exactly the same technique. Its just taking Crown a while to be as good at it as BD...which is understandable, the Devils are phenomenal at everything.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So people are still hung up on Blue Devils winning?

I’m glad they won. It’s good that a stellar performance on the field can overcome a rather lacking show design. That’s the way I want it, in the hands of the corps members, not staff .

Blue Devils always march well, they always to everything well, that’s why there are the Blue Devils.

*Looks at OP of the thread*

Yeah, totally. That's exactly what I was talking about.

(P.S.-I'm a BD fan, and I was also glad they won)

True enough that Cadets dont march scissor leg any more. In fact I think you'd be hard pressed to find a technique program that has a 100% straight leg technique with no knee bend.

It's true, I talked to a Cadet age-out about this switch. Scissor leg can cause some harsh injuries if you don't pull off every direction change perfectly. Let's be honest, not even the Cadets can be perfect at 500 bpm or whatever tempos they reach these days.

Hell lets be honest, my knees are killing me after just a few years of straight leg technique. Wh can blame them, even if it did look cool.

And so were their chairs!

Not a drop of bird #### to be found! :tongue:

haha they got lucky, at m'boro show we took bets to see if a bird dropped one on them, we had a flock fly overhead

Actually, they were crab stepping at 256 bpm. BD's show was just as hard as everyone else's. Get over it, jeez, they were clean as ####.

No, their show wasn't as difficult as everyone else's. Don't give me that, I watched all of the performances many many times this year and BD did NOT have as difficult a show as Crown. You're pretty defensive, I gotta say. The guy was clearly joking about the chairs and you have to jump to BD's defense. lol

Edited by Cardman

No, their show wasn't as difficult as everyone else's. Don't give me that, I watched all of the performances many many times this year and BD did NOT have as difficult a show as Crown. You're pretty defensive, I gotta say. The guy was clearly joking about the chairs and you have to jump to BD's defense. lol

And Crown's was as difficult as HNC's? It bothers me that people complain that difficulty should be rewarded when referring to Crown but if you really want to get into it the Cadets definitely had the hardest show.

And Crown's was as difficult as HNC's? It bothers me that people complain that difficulty should be rewarded when referring to Crown but if you really want to get into it the Cadets definitely had the hardest show.

And really, though, difficulty is but one part of the sheets: it's all about how effective (and clean) a visual package is. It doesn't matter if you're visual design is extremely difficult if it's not as clean, or effective, as corps above you (which Cadets' visual wasn't, though neither was Crown).

it's all about the balance between demand and cleanliness... and BD wins the game pretty much all the time. Oh and BD's show had plenty of demand in it. Did you only watch the two minutes of the show when they were sitting down? Cause I saw them marching their ##### off the rest of the show... it

's's probably just that they make it look so easy, cause they are that #### good.

BTW- I wanted Crown to win....