Madisons Staff...

Henry Barney - 1978 thru 2009

:sad::worthy::sad: :sad: :tongue::thumbup:

(welcome back brother)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not uncommon for People to back away from an organization for Philosophical reasons. I also expect a huge return when it comes to alumini and fan donations. I can't imagine there will be many who don't jump on the bandwagon now.

Heck, I'm obviously not a former member but I will contribute to their organization as well.

The best thing that could happen for Madison at this point is to attract raw talent instead of big headed pre-Madonnas who think they are "owed" a spot because they defected from some other corps. This staff has the chance to mold a group of hard working kids into Madison's next generation which I have been waiting to emerge.

The best thing that could happen for Madison at this point is to attract raw talent instead of big headed pre-Madonnas ...

I can't let this slide. Unless the author was being funny and I missed the joke - it is prima donna.

Definition:

Originally used in opera companies, "prima donna" is Italian for "first lady". The term was used to designate the leading female singer in the opera company, the person to whom the prime roles would be given. The prima donna was normally, but not necessarily, a soprano. The corresponding term for the male lead (almost always a tenor) is "primo uomo".[1]

Legendarily, these "prima donnas" (prime donne in Italian) were often regarded as egotistical, unreasonable and irritable, with a rather high opinion of themselves not shared by others. Although whether they are truly more vain or more hot-tempered than other singers (or than any other people in the opera houses) is not substantiated, the term often describes a vain, obnoxious and temperamental person who, although irritating, cannot be done without.[2]

Famous prima donnas have often caused opera enthusiasts to divide into opposing "clubs" supporting one singer over another. The rivalry between the respective fans of Maria Callas and Renata Tebaldi, for example, was one of the most famous of all opera, despite the friendship of the two singers.[3]

Edited by Cavie74

I can't let this slide. Unless the author was being funny and I missed the joke - it is prima donna.

Definition:

Originally used in opera companies, "prima donna" is Italian for "first lady". The term was used to designate the leading female singer in the opera company, the person to whom the prime roles would be given. The prima donna was normally, but not necessarily, a soprano. The corresponding term for the male lead (almost always a tenor) is "primo uomo".[1]

Legendarily, these "prima donnas" (prime donne in Italian) were often regarded as egotistical, unreasonable and irritable, with a rather high opinion of themselves not shared by others. Although whether they are truly more vain or more hot-tempered than other singers (or than any other people in the opera houses) is not substantiated, the term often describes a vain, obnoxious and temperamental person who, although irritating, cannot be done without.[2]

Famous prima donnas have often caused opera enthusiasts to divide into opposing "clubs" supporting one singer over another. The rivalry between the respective fans of Maria Callas and Renata Tebaldi, for example, was one of the most famous of all opera, despite the friendship of the two singers.[3]

You clearly missed the joke... After the success of 'Carmen' in her guest performance role in 2005, The Madison Scouts have secured Madonna for their 2010 show. Dont worry about the age thing....she's been pretending she's 20 years old since lord knows when.

Definition:

Even if it wasn't a joke was this really necessary? The need to point out others mistakes publicly comes from personal insecurity, just so you know.

That's no different than it was 20 years ago. No one in the 80's placing in 15th place in mid July was showing up in Finals.

I dont think to the same extent. Nowadays typically you have one or sometimes two corps in the top 8 who move, the rest are more or less in stone for finals. Going back to my day 4 corps sat atop of the heap during the summer.

Based off of what? Staff announcements? BWAAAHHHAHAHAHAHahahaaaaa! Love to hear how you figure your odds.

Allow me to help.

I figured my odds by educated and informed estimations based on relative positions of each corps using matrices of comparison encompassing the last decade, the last five years and then finally, the last two years. Then I plot a trend analysis based on directional coefficients determined by average placement within each matrix and finally, through comparitive analysis, I ascertain the relative predictable placement for each of several corps. You must also factor all off-season changes in staff and the cooresponding recruiting talent potential.

From this, I compare the predictions received by others and place odds based on their relativity to my own predictions.

Any other questions?

Just wanted to add one more thing to this thread.

No matter what happens competitively, it is undeniable that the Madison Scouts will almost certainly be a better oganization with the additions of Jim Mason and his design team. I have no doubt that Mr. Mason will get Madison great from a business stand point, and the designers will at the very least raise the bar from previous several seasons of Madison Scouts. Arguing over semantics (will they place 13th/14th, 7th/12th, or 4th/6th), as I and others have done in this thread, is silly; they will most likely improve this coming season. It's silly to argue over what placement we think these new additions will add to the corps, or what other corps will diminish because of Scouts' gain. The bottom line is no matter what the competitive outcome, anyone who knows these new staffers, or has experience as a member under their direction, knows that this will definitely be a better corps in 2010 than they were in 2009.

Edited by perc2100

Just wanted to add one more thing to this thread.

No matter what happens competitively, it is undeniable that the Madison Scouts will almost certainly be a better oganization with the additions of Jim Mason and his design team. I have no doubt that Mr. Mason will get Madison great from a business stand point, and the designers will at the very least raise the bar from previous several seasons of Madison Scouts. Arguing over semantics (will they place 13th/14th, 7th/12th, or 4th/6th), as I and others have done in this thread, is silly; they will most likely improve this coming season. It's silly to argue over what placement we think these new additions will add to the corps, or what other corps will diminish because of Scouts' gain. The bottom line is no matter what the competitive outcome, anyone who knows these new staffers, or has experience as a member under their direction, knows that this will definitely be a better corps in 2010 than they were in 2009.

This.

And...I haven't heard alot of people talk about this, but....they will most likely be extremely entertaining

and the crowd will love them. I spoke with a member of the Administrative team not long ago and he told me the

number 1 priority regardless of placement (hopefully back in Finals) is for Madison to be loved by the crowd.

I can't wait to see what they have in store for us!