What are you REALLY going to remember about 2009?

"The Puck."

:tongue:

Whoever choreographed that segment was a genius.

Other highlights:

1. Colts missing it, Troopers in--strong feelings about both for me but no regrets. Good job, Troop...watch out next season!

2. Vanguard's company front. Goosebump moment for the ages, like only Vanguard can create.

3. End of Cadets ballad. Cheese? Yeah. Awesome? Absolutely!

Another weird one that will undoubtedly stick with me...no show the Colts were at was rained out! Even ones like Lawrence where it looked like a sure rain-out went on. Apparently it was a very weather-lucky corps...they must have earned their stripes during camp in Platteville (what an ugly week for weather!).

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll remember how Vanguard got looked down on for standing and playing in a part of their show and how people complained that they didn't move enough, but no one said that about Blue Devils.

I'll remember getting goosebumps when seeing Vanguard live as early as Blue Devils Family Day.

I'll remember the announcer at Blue Devils Family day knocking Phantom after BD's performance by saying "That was a hell of a lot better than Spartacus."

I'll remember the sheer power and excellence that Crown had at every single performance.

I'll remember the excellence and artistry that Vanguard displayed constantly and how they should've medaled.

I'll remember two of the best moments in Drum Corps History, in my opinion -- Puck and the SCV Company Front.

I'll remember really enjoying a Blue Knights show for the first time.

I'll remember loving the Blue Devils show, but thinking it was misplaced.

I'll remember being conflicted in the placements of Phantom, Blue Stars and Boston Crusaders. While I love Phantom and wanted them to do well, I also loved Boston/Blue Stars and wanted them to do well.

I'll remember enjoying the most shows from one year that I've ever enjoyed. In fact, I didn't like only one or two shows out of the entire top 12. Cavaliers being the biggest show that I didn't enjoy -- at all.

The year that was doomed for failure because of the amazing year that was 2008.

Fight for 12 between Troopers, Colts, Academy

Academy actually having a drum corps show and good design.

Never seeing the show that put the Troop back into finals.

The year I really question BK and their placement IN finals.

Glassmen not getting Glassplace. Their show being very good.

feeling bad for Phantom.

Boston having an enjoyable show. First time for me since 03

Blue Stars showing '08 wasnt a fluke

BLOO having an inovative show and hating it at the beginning of the year and loving it around Allentown.

SCV for the sheer beauty of their show.

Cavies finally got what they deserved since 2007. A show about mountains that was less enjoyable/impressive than a 14th place mountain show.

Cadets show that was very enjoyable but cant remember anything except the very beginning and end...

Crown makeing me not say a word in their whole show because I didnt want to ruin it by speaking. :tongue:

BD just on another level.

I'll remember watching 3 of the webcasts on a projector, in a back yard, while floating in a pool.

I'll remember the semis webcast in that back yard hooked up to a fairly large PA system, turned up louder than live. From the front yard it sounded like there was an actual drum corps in the back yard. Someone called the police complaining about a marching band in the neighborhood.

Love this. Going to try it when I age out.

I'll remember how Vanguard got looked down on for standing and playing in a part of their show and how people complained that they didn't move enough, but no one said that about Blue Devils.

Many, many people said that about the Blue Devils. You may have just missed it somehow.

I'll remember the announcer at Blue Devils Family day knocking Phantom after BD's performance by saying "That was a hell of a lot better than Spartacus."

Aren't grudges fun?

I'll remember really enjoying a Blue Knights show for the first time.

Agree. Saw them in Denver, and wow they were on fire that night!

I will have to say that for 2009 I will remember performing encores the most. Mainly because those encores were the most fun I've ever had performing. Period.

Especially Buffalo, NY.

As far as the season as a whole, I can't say much because I didn't see many shows, but I do remember never being scared of losing 6th place.

The Blue Devils A and B corps winning both World and Open Class and both going undefeated.

SCV finding a new style and rediscovering their roots all at the same time.

The Troopers charging their way back into the top 12.

Crown firmly establishing themselves as an elite corps and organization.

The Blue Devils A and B corps winning both World and Open Class and both going undefeated.

This. :tongue: