"The Band That Wouldn't Die"

For decades Baltimore has had a community-based marching band that has played at Colts - and now Ravens - games.

Director Barry Levinson has just produced a documentary that will air multiple times on ESPN networks in October. In this film he looks at how the band survived the departure of the Colts and then became a driving force for the creation of the Ravens franchise in their city.

Go here to catch the films trailer and view the band's website:

http://www.stanbury.com/news_detail.asp?news_id=131

Edited by PSeidling

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For decades Baltimore has had a community-based marching band that has played at Colts - and now Ravens - games.

Director Barry Levinson has just produced a documentary that will air multiple times on ESPN networks in October. In this film he looks at how the band survived the departure of the Colts and then became a driving force for the creation of the Ravens franchise in their city.

Go here to catch the film's trailer and to get to the band's website:

http://www.stanbury.com/news_detail.asp?news_id=131

Thanks for posting this - I was in the band last season, but had to quit due to going out of the country. Even in 2009 alot of the people still in the band were colts band members. Good stuff

This is an awesome story! I can't wait to see it on ESPN.

I think they survived because Polian didn't have enough room in the U-haul truck for them :thumbup:

I hope people will watch this film and be inspired to do something in THEIR community to keep the marching arts ALIVE...Being in this unit has DEFINETLEY inspired me!!!

I hope people will watch this film and be inspired to do something in THEIR community to keep the marching arts ALIVE...Being in this unit has DEFINETLEY inspired me!!!

LOL at Ziemman - mortgage the house....hide the uniforms. Why am I not surprised at all :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

A friend just messaged me on MSN about this. Apparently it's on now.

They had a local screening of this film last week at the Raven's stadium (M&T Bank Stadium).

For $5.00 you could sit right in the middle of the field and watch it on the BIG screen

You could buy $2.00 hotdogs and $3.00 sodas; this is an NFL stadium!!!

Worth the price of admission alone!

Glad to hear John Ziemmen and the band get the attention they deserve.

Edited by OMH