Premieres Tuesday Oct 13 8PM ESPN

Tuesday Oct 13 11pm ESPN 2

Thursday Oct 15 9pm ESPN 2

Thursday Oct 15 11pm ESPN Classic

Wednesday Oct 21 8pm ESPN 2

Sunday Oct 25 9pm ESPN Classic

Friday Dec 25 5pm ESPN Classic

Edited by Perry S

For decades Baltimore has had a community-based marching band that has played at Colts - and now Ravens - games.

Director Barry Levinson has just produced a documentary that will air multiple times on ESPN networks in October. In this film he looks at how the band survived the departure of the Colts and then became a driving force for the creation of the Ravens franchise in their city.

Go here to catch the films trailer and view the band's website:

http://www.stanbury.com/news_detail.asp?news_id=131

THANK YOU so much for sharing this!!!! it is great to see the marching arts receive attention from the film industry. can't wait to see this film

I think they survived because Polian didn't have enough room in the U-haul truck for them :tongue:

Off topic for clarity ... Wasn't Bill Polian. He was GM of the Buffalo Bills when they moved.

The current owner's name is Jim Irsay, I believe, and I think it was his father who owned the team at the time of the move.

Back on topic ... great show!! Good for the marching arts!! The one on Gretzky was great too!!

I watched this on Tuesday. It was a great story.

The band was fortunate that the uniforms were at the dry cleaner when the Colts moved out.

If you look closely, you can see a snare is wearing a Troopers t-shirt in one quick shot.

THATS ME!!!!!

THATS ME!!!!!

I loved that short film on ESPN, that was a really good story. Especially how they hid the Uni's in a mausoleum. It must be a blast to play at the Ravens games, I wish the Ram's had something like that here, of course people would enjoy the band more than the football at Rams games.

Geez...the whole idea of bands and the arts losing their funding is such a foreign idea in Texas. I don't know, maybe the presence of the fees to participate in extra curriculars is the next step in that direction here, but the bands, other music programs, theater arts, etc are all so STRONG here it just amazes me to hear this topic discussed elsewhere.

I hate to take over Pat's thread on that thought...maybe a new thread on that would be more appropriate...but I'd sure like to hear the state of the marching band activity elsewhere. I just saw the Flower Mound Marcus Band Trailer this afternoon headed off to a competition somewhere south...FM Marcus was State Champ or BOA champ a year or two ago...AMAZING band program! Amanda Drinkwater, Director, is also a judge for DCI's Texas swing, IIRC.

Thanks for posting this thread, Pat--and good to see you on the Planet!

I just watched this off my DVR. Great film and story.