Plymouth MA Alumni Reunion Concert

We very excited about the 2009 Defenders Alumni Corps.

We have a talented horn line of over 50, an incredible drum line and much improved guard.

We're playing some Defender favorites like Divergents, Brass Roots, She's Not There, and St. Louis Blues (a re-mix of a song we played in the 60s).

Our finale will be Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor which should bring the house down.

I'm going to check out as many of the other corps as I can Saturday night.

Every corps has a signature sound and style.

It should be a great show.

Good Luck to All

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every corps has a signature sound and style.

Well since the Lancers can't compete in size (or volume :tongue: ) with the bigger corps we've decided to have a "variety is the spice of life" type show. Will have a Latin style number "Aztec Fire", patriotic "Stars and Strips Forever" (not quite the usual arrangement IMO), rock style "Get It On", plus "Georgia On My Mind" fanfare, "You'll Never Walk Alone" (signature song) and drum solo. Hoping the crowd comes away with the idea, "Hey they can do a lot of different stuff... Whoever they are :huh2: ".

No problem with having a known sound and style. We just were never that well known. :tongue:

All kidding aside, being at Plymouth is a BIG step for the corps. We're taking it very seriously and looking forward to it. :tongue:

It should be a great show.

Good Luck to All

Ditto... and ditto....

4:15AM bus pickup here I come.........

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Well since the Lancers can't compete in size (or volume :tongue: ) with the bigger corps we've decided to have a "variety is the spice of life" type show. Will have a Latin style number "Aztec Fire", patriotic "Stars and Strips Forever" (not quite the usual arrangement IMO), rock style "Get It On", plus "Georgia On My Mind" fanfare, "You'll Never Walk Alone" (signature song) and drum solo. Hoping the crowd comes away with the idea, "Hey they can do a lot of different stuff... Whoever they are :huh2: ".

No problem with having a known sound and style. We just were never that well known. :tongue:

All kidding aside, being at Plymouth is a BIG step for the corps. We're taking it very seriously and looking forward to it. :tongue:

Ditto... and ditto....

Perhaps the Lancers are good luck, bringing good weather for the parade in the morning. Temperatures are expected to be in the balmy 50's, far different from the frigid temperatures of recent years. Last year, it was so cold-- I saw a politician with his hands in his own pocket! Anyway, you'll enjoy the Plymouth experience. Lots to see, lots of great restaurants, and you can always find a drum corps party. Enjoy!

Just two days to go before leaving for Plymouth. Weather forecasts are still holding up for mid-50's on Saturday for the parade. Sounds like another memorable weekend is in store. Some great seafood to be had in the local restaurants, one of the best parades of the year with respect to crowd appreciation, and the Saturday show is the 'icing on the cake!'

Looking forward to seeing a lot of friends from other corps. Safe travels to all!

beagus said:

"We are ready to go. We can not wait for the trip. Gus and I will be leaving sometime early Friday Morning. Plymouth here we come."

Hi Bea! Is this your first time in Plymouth for the show? Did Gus go with us when he was in the Cabs Alumni? The years run together, so I really can't recall.

Hope to get to see you and Gus and Tony and Donna at some point during the weekend. Safe travels!

No this is the 3rd time for me. Gus did do it with Cabs Alumni in 03. See you there.

Ditto... and ditto....

Hey Jim,

The people in South East Massachusetts remember The Hanover Lancers .Your Corps put on very good shows up hear in the 60s & Drum Corps people do not forget ! If you want to see the type of growd that you will be playing to in the parade just go to www.stkevinemeraldknights.com

The two parade pics on the front page are of Plymouth .The people all over the hill are at Plymouth Rock reviewing stand . Click on the front page videos to see what the show looks & sounds like .You guys are going to love this weekend !

All the Best,

mike D.

Thanks Mike, while back someone brought in a laptop and played part of last years concert DVD to give us an idea of what to expect. Also gave staff an idea of the set up on the floor. Only concert I'm familiar with is the Harrisburg, PA yearly show but Plymouth concert crowd looked and sounded great.

Also checked the pics of the parade crowds and (yes).. wow. Looks like the Apple Blossom Festival parade in Winchester, VA but that is a long parade. My wife and I were in the Plymouth area about 10 years ago and when I saw a parade pic with people on a hill thought it looked like across from Plymouth Rock. Think there is a musuem back that way somewhere. My wifes hoping to make it next wife. She's coming off of knee replacement and the crowds and hills didn't sound like a good idea.

She'll just have to wait for the DVD....

Weather is now expected to break low 60's!!!

Hey Jim,

The people in South East Massachusetts remember The Hanover Lancers .Your Corps put on very good shows up hear in the 60s & Drum Corps people do not forget ! If you want to see the type of growd that you will be playing to in the parade just go to www.stkevinemeraldknights.com

The two parade pics on the front page are of Plymouth .The people all over the hill are at Plymouth Rock reviewing stand . Click on the front page videos to see what the show looks & sounds like .You guys are going to love this weekend !

All the Best,

mike D.

Is Plymouth Rock an actual town, or are you referring to the actual rock and plaque I saw in the 70's that was on the side of the road next to the water?

Weather is now expected to break low 60's!!!

That can't be true?!!? :tongue:

Safe trip everyone! Wave as you go thru Westport tomorrow. :tongue: