The BD equipment thread

Can't wait to hear how they are going to sound with Pearls! :satisfied:

Seriously.

Are they going to choke the sound of the snares like they have with with the Dynastys and Yamahas before them, or are they going to let some of the actual snare sound come off the Pearls like Vanguard does and Regiment did before they switched?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the blue devils drumline: now with TONE!

:thumbup::satisfied:

like others have also said, i hope they don't destroy how Pearl snares sound, now....

it'll also be weird actually being able to articulate what the basses are playing... instead of just sounding like split buzzes....

Whats the "sound" difference between an open class or world class corps playing on Dynasty drums? If both models are the same and the line is playing the same thing...Whuz the difference. They will both sound the same, no? Not that I am a fan of Dynasty...But can you explain this?

the biggest difference is that the top world class corps get new drums that are CUSTOM made EVERY summer.

lower placing world class corps (the ones w/ less money) and open class corps (again, the ones w/ less money) get new drums every 4 years or so.... and, they aren't custom made, usually. they're the same instruments that bands get.

that explain it well enough???

either way, BD will sound MILLIONS of times better on Pearls w/ no effort whatsoever. die-nasty just SUCKS

I personally love the sound of Dynasty snares, but Yamahas (with remo heads, not evans) FEEL so much better.

I tend to look at this, not so much as an "end of an era", but as an "end of an error". :satisfied:

I've never seen horns of such low build quality, that didn't come from China or India.

The drums may be made better, but do they have to sound like the boxes they come in?

Dynasty drums are okay. The only thing nasty about them was the way some lines, namely BD, tuned them.

Good luck!

The Blue Devils are pleased to announce that it will be partnering with Conn-Selmer, Inc. Beginning this fall, The Blue Devils will exclusively be playing on King Ultimate Marching Brass.“We are absolutely thrilled to name King Marching Brass as our new partner. Their brand is legendary in brass manufacturing and...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...5&Itemid=39

As a tuba player, I must say in Dynasty's defense that the 5/4 4v BBb marching tuba was a very fine instrument....and really was the only good instrument in their entire line-up.

In fact, to this day, I hold that that marching tuba is still the best BBb marching tuba yet made....its a shame that it is so expensive, otherwise we would probably still see it in use.

I play on the 4/4 4v marching tuba, and it is the best tuba I have ever played, period. I know BD people had complained of the tuba, but since I have one of my own, I was able to modify some of the things that made it difficult to use. I wonder who else will use Dynasty horns? The Dynasty 4/4 did seem a bit small for BD, but the only small thing about it was the 19" bell, which was 2" smaller than everyone else's. I think Dynasty intentionally made the bell smaller to distinguish it from their 5/4 tuba, which was also a decent horn, but too heavy and bulky, imo, for marching.