The BD equipment thread

As a brass guy, I would have liked a switch to Yamaha horns (I own a Xeno trumpet myself) but I definitely prefer King to Dynasty

And I love the sound of Pearl drums...this is gonna be awesome!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regiment is playing in the Jupiter Quantum horns, and they are very, very good. Especially the Jupiter tubas and low brass (mellos have some issues, but all mellos do).

Are you serious?

Guys. Jupiter is jupiter and it sucks. Don't get wound up drinking the Quantum Punch (which I'm guessing is a mixture of kool-aid, roofies, and everclear).

Jupiter sucks.

That is all...

continue. :satisfied:

P.S. I'm serious. :thumbup:

Thank goodness. Both dynasty drums and brass are as tasty as a turd sandwich.

See, it's statements like this that keep me coming back to DCP.

Just how is it you know what a turd sandwich tastes like?

:satisfied:

Anyway, should make for an interesting year for BD. I'll be interested in how it changes their sound.

You're also very, very wrong.

Ah, it's just his opinion. He's entitled to it, as are you.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Quote: "Hopefully, this begins Dynasty drums march towards the trash heap of history in DCI. Couldn't have happened to a more horrible sounding drum....except maybe Slingerland."

...or REMO! Remember those hideous looking, horrible sounding, disgraces to percussion?

I doubt it. Dynasty percussion will be just fine with Phantom Regiment and the Glassmen as endorsers. DCI isn't even their biggest market anyway. Dynasty pretty much owns the indoor percussion world and that happens to be a bigger market than DCI now. All of the Independent class winners at WGI championships used Dynasty and the PIW finals consisted of 4 of the top 7 using Dynasty.

Rhythm X, Riverside Community College, Redline, North Coast Academy, and Matrix all use Dynasty.

I also believe Dynasty had an even larger percentage of finalists in the Independent Open and Interdependent A classes.

I'm curious as to what Blue Devils' snare sound will be like with Pearls.

Regardless, they deserve props for changing Dynasty from the completely useless tubs that they debuted in 1992.

Have you played on the newest set of King horns? The top-line F (which is a problem for basically every mellophone) was able to speak so well on this horn. I've always had that problem on other horns (even earlier versions of the King mello), but it's basically gone now.

True perhaps but it is still sharp by more than a little...1st valve slide is certainly needed. The KIng mellos are pretty good...much better than Jupiter and Dynasty but not as good as the Yamahas IMHO.

You know Al Murray showed me a Dynasty trumpet in Pasadena that plays better than most pros horns I have played. It was the horn they were showing at the Dynasty stand for DCI week. It actually was much easier to play than the Xeno.

Donny