Mystikal Staff Resigns

Past performance is the best indicator of future behavior.

The knife cuts both ways on this. The staff should have done a better job at checking out the corps' history. The corps ED and board should have done a better job at checking out the history of the staff.

I do think that the OP should remember one thing....don't dump your waste where you eat. If I were running an organization I'd have second thoughts about hiring any staff member who would air dirty laundry in public - regardless of the circumstances.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The knife cuts both ways on this. The staff should have done a better job at checking out the corps' history. The corps ED and board should have done a better job at checking out the history of the staff.

I do think that the OP should remember one thing....don't dump your waste where you eat. If I were running an organization I'd have second thoughts about hiring any staff member who would air dirty laundry in public - regardless of the circumstances.

Indeed....when En Garde was trying to start in 08, we lost a lot of staff (and I'll be honest, it was my doing....when they were there they did a great job...I just did and said a few things that pushed the wrong buttons)...one of them DID mention he was leaving the corps on this board, but it was certainly nothing as bad as in this thread.

If someone comes to me with one of those names, asking about them as a staffer, I'd have no problem giving a thumbs up...simply BECAUSE the dirty laundry wasn't all over the place.

I completely agree.

Well, it will be very interesting to see if this group of "educational staff" can now do the hard work of raising money, finding practice facilities, recruiting volunteers, negotiating transportation deals, caring for sick members, dealing with whiny parents, etc., etc., all the things required of actually running a drum corps. It is very easy to come in, teach a show, clean a show, and then go home. It's another matter when all the bills pile up and the phone calls come 24/7.

Well, it will be very interesting to see if this group of "educational staff" can now do the hard work of raising money, finding practice facilities, recruiting volunteers, negotiating transportation deals, caring for sick members, dealing with whiny parents, etc., etc., all the things required of actually running a drum corps. It is very easy to come in, teach a show, clean a show, and then go home. It's another matter when all the bills pile up and the phone calls come 24/7.

Dude. It's not educational/creative staff's job to do any of this. As an admin, it's not your privilege to complain about these aspects of corps if you choose to be the one to deal with them. "It is very easy to come in, teach a show, clean a show, and then go home." Really? HA! With success? You're clueless. (pics of your rings and gold medals will change my mind).

Dude. It's not educational/creative staff's job to do any of this. As an admin, it's not your privilege to complain about these aspects of corps if you choose to be the one to deal with them. "It is very easy to come in, teach a show, clean a show, and then go home." Really? HA! With success? You're clueless. (pics of your rings and gold medals will change my mind).

um,..........dude,.................the OP stated he and the other staff were starting a new corps,................this stuff comes with it,..................unless you are running/teaching a WC corps, everyone better be prepared to take part in all of these types of things,................show me your rings and metals and I'll show you mine,.........................

um,..........dude,.................the OP stated he and the other staff were starting a new corps,................this stuff comes with it,..................unless you are running/teaching a WC corps, everyone better be prepared to take part in all of these types of things,................show me your rings and metals and I'll show you mine,.........................

my response wasn't to the OP, but to the genius who thinks pimpin' is easy. it ain't. let the OP go off and start a corps - win or fail... meh. i'm over admin glorifying their hard work. bills, calls, volunteers, sick penguins, pshh! i don't care.

I agree with you G-Horns .

Hey Gary This guy is showing his age ,one mean kid !

my response wasn't to the OP, but to the genius who thinks pimpin' is easy. it ain't. let the OP go off and start a corps - win or fail... meh. i'm over admin glorifying their hard work. bills, calls, volunteers, sick penguins, pshh! i don't care.

I'm sure pimpin' isn't easy,.............neither is teaching a drum corps............but you can't do that until the things you mention are in place,....................I didn't see anyone glorifying any admin folks here...............but I did see some tearing down tho,................