Another Top 3 and Bottom 3

Always possible it's a financial thing in that there just aren't as many shows out West and spending money to travel back and forth 500+ miles each way to the nearest show that day may not be feasible.

Just sayin'.

Now stop making me defend BD. :P

Edited by chaddyt

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to add that Cavies and several other corps march parades on the 4th of July. Not everybody does this. I know some corps do exhibitions.

well, they go on later in the show, so they get an extra 1-2 hours of rehearsal each day... but, that is for another thread.

But, let's say BD and Boston are in the same exact number of show's (not all of the same shows, just the same number of them). That would pretty much mean that they'll have the same amount of practice time, for the most part. Would that mean that these two corps will be performing about the same, and score closer together?

And yet SCV signed up for three more shows than BD. Blue Stars showed up for six more shows than Cavies. I don't think region explains it.

HH

SCV went to Arizona and Oregon. BD didn't. I believe BD was involved in running clinics during those times. Not sure where you'd get the data - probably have to go to each corps site - but it would be interesting to add clinics and other public performances to the counts. Cadets do a lot of clinics too and some parades.

I would like to add that Cavies and several other corps march parades on the 4th of July. Not everybody does this. I know some corps do exhibitions.

Boston also had parades in June in Dedham, Everett, and Charlestown, and I believe 4 parades for July 4th.....as well as several exhibitions throughout the season. These plus the 35 shows and several clinics made for a very busy tour for the corps.