2010 Predictions (Thats right, its THAT time of the off-season)

"No way that the Blue Stars beat Boston this year....these predictions are ridiculous!" - Quote from euponitone

1) Uh, Dude, the Blue Stars have been on the rise for the past 4 or 5 years and remember that they placed 2 places ahead of Boston in '08 ( remind you that they took a difficult approach to drill last year and probably could have finished a spot higher if they did easier drill with better execution)

2) Also, the Blue Stars audition camp had record numbers of people trying out (enough for two FULL corps!) AND the staff was telling the group about how the group of people they have this year is much more intelligent, hard-working, more in tune, and balanced

Edited by JF154283

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No way that the Blue Stars beat Boston this year....these predictions are ridiculous!" - Quote from euponitone

1) Uh, Dude, the Blue Stars have been on the rise for the past 4 or 5 years and remember that they placed 2 places ahead of Boston in '08 ( remind you that they took a difficult approach to drill last year and probably could have finished a spot higher if they did easier drill with better execution)

2) Also, the Blue Stars audition camp had record numbers of people trying out (enough for two FULL corps!) AND the staff was telling the group about how the group of people they have this year is much more intelligent, hard-working, more in tune, and balanced

im pretty sure he was joking. look at the prediction.

ah, well, I get a bit defensive when people underestimate the stars, and I do not think the loss of brad green is an issue, the brass caption head (frank sullivan) is excellent and he was the caption head for the cadets in 99, also I believe that Tom Augnst will be a tremendous benefit as far as percussion goes

ah, well, I get a bit defensive when people underestimate the stars, and I do not think the loss of brad green is an issue, the brass caption head (frank sullivan) is excellent and he was the caption head for the cadets in 99, also I believe that Tom Augnst will be a tremendous benefit as far as percussion goes

What the other guy said...

The idea being, the entire prediction was so ridiculous, that i picked something fairly normal out of it to call out as impossible, you see it was like......

ugh, nevermind :tongue: :tongue:

What the other guy said...

The idea being, the entire prediction was so ridiculous, that i picked something fairly normal out of it to call out as impossible, you see it was like......

ugh, nevermind :tongue::doh:

I lol'ed when I first read that post of yours... it was cute. :tongue: Gotta do something to pass the time till we find out what really happens next summer.

In this Era of Production & Cleanliness, I think the corps best in position to get it done in 2010 are BD, SCV, Cavies and Bluecoats. If Cadets and Crown can fight the urge to "go complex and busy" they certainly have the chops and a good shot at the top 3 also, but they need to settle on a production and polish it early.

I personally believe BD is going to blow everyone's frickin' mind this year. Their team is intact, tanned and ready..... and there's green, tan and maroon blood in the water! :tongue:

In that case then, next year I believe the top 10 placements will be something like:

1. Star of Indiana

2. Madison Scouts - MALAGUENA IS BACK!!

3. Skyriders

4. Suncoast Sound

5. Bridgemen

6. The Cadets of Bergen County

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Cavaliers

9. Blue Devils

10. Troopers

Edited by JF154283

Hi, everybody. I just got back from my annual meeting with the President of Time, and he gave me the Top 12 for 2010, as well as for all years to come. It is as follows:

1. Bananas

2. Bugles

3. Bands

4. Banana bugles

5. Bugled bananas

6. Band bananas

7. Band bugles

8. Banana bands

9. Banana bananas

10. Band bands

11. The Glassmen

12. Bugle bands

I know there are questions, but it's okay - this is how it's going to be for the rest of time. The President of Time said so himself.

Uh, neither? :tongue:

One of these will be real and the other a joke. Lt's see if u can see which is which

1. Madison Scouts - play so loud that the judges ears explode and out of respect and simply innability to hear other corps. (little biased, I am a contracted member of the scouts)

2. Crown - marches clean enough to beat out BD even though the judges cant hear them ( due to lack of ears)

3. BD - ahead of Crown going into finals but at attempting to march 300 a melo trips and a horrible domino effect ensues, while it does garner them Ge points they lose a little in technique

4. SCV - love Santa Clara, quality organization, major Ge points for a false ending (we all know its coming)

5. Cadets - talent to win but show is to hard

6. Phantom - they fake a certificate of birth for Chuck Norris and put him in the guard. He spins a 9 w/a double bass. 'nough said.

7. cavs

8. Bluecoats (maybe they beat cavies)

9. blue stars

10. Boston

11. Blue knight

12. Pioneer - they get in for being the most bad ### corps full of 15 and 16 year olds

1. Cadets (longest championship drought theyve ever had in DCI is 5 years)

2. BD

3. SCV (rooting for them to win, hopefully next year they pull it off)

4. Crown (first 4th place corps to get over a 98)

5. Bluecoats -always an entertaining show

6. Madison (I know I have us a little high, but I'm hopeful)

7. Phantom

8. Cavies

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Stars - I think the loss of Brad Green may be an issue. He is an amazing brass genius (and thats from one camp)

11. Glassmen - Glass Place

12. Blue Knights -they could take 11 from the glassmen u could interchange these 2

Hi, everybody. I just got back from my annual meeting with the President of Time, and he gave me the Top 12 for 2010, as well as for all years to come. It is as follows:

1. Bananas

2. Bugles

3. Bands

4. Banana bugles

5. Bugled bananas

6. Band bananas

7. Band bugles

8. Banana bands

9. Banana bananas

10. Band bands

11. The Glassmen

12. Bugle bands

I know there are questions, but it's okay - this is how it's going to be for the rest of time. The President of Time said so himself.

now i want a banana