The history of the Westshoremen

Nice!!!!

Although you don't want to see my upcoming schedule....I have a 10 day vecation stuffed in there, but from now until the end of October I'm living the whirlwind! November doesn't look too good either because I have a two week vacation to the Keys at the end of the month, so I'm guessing that the first two weeks of November will be a mongolian :doh: fustercluck as well....

My bad time of year starts Jan 1. and ends Dec. 31....But I'm just living the dream!

come on, pick an afternoon, evening...night and let us know...you are the guest of honor...you can do it...the beverages will be worth it....

Fridays work best for me.

Also, for anyone who knows Jaime Washburn, round 2 of chemo now, and if still not looking better, possible bone marrow transplant

• 2 weeks later...
Fridays work best for me.

Also, for anyone who knows Jaime Washburn, round 2 of chemo now, and if still not looking better, possible bone marrow transplant

well, you can tell it's penn state time again...everyone dropped off face of earth.

I am going to pick a date in Oct and post it -cant do the last weekend as it's Cabs carnival weekend -hope you can all make it, it will be a ton of fun and a lot of food

well, you can tell it's penn state time again...everyone dropped off face of earth.

I am going to pick a date in Oct and post it -cant do the last weekend as it's Cabs carnival weekend -hope you can all make it, it will be a ton of fun and a lot of food

shorry, *hic* shtill celbratin' da csu *hic* dsu *hic* irish losing

:laugh:

shorry, *hic* shtill celbratin' da csu *hic* dsu *hic* irish losing

:sleeping:

:mmm:

oh myyyyyy Scott, what in the H*ll have you been sniffin?

hello honey !!!!!!!!!!!! I will never forgot after Serenade in Brass at the Moose as you were dancing with me and all of a sudden decided to pass out ! Boom on the floor....what a man !

Haha......me? Pass out? NEVER!! From what I hear, I should have passed out at Muncy though.

Hey Ben! Sorry for so long on the reply. Things have been really busy for me down here. Thanks about my website. Sports photography is a lot more work than glamour though. Diving!! How cool! Hey, you can come diving down here anytime. The sharks aren't as bad as Aussie sharks are. People actually swim with the whales and dolphins down here. They also dive for crayfish (lobster).

Who said a party at my house? Was it you Ricky-Lee? Well, everone's invited. Come on down. Maybe enough people can come down here to show these Kiwis what a DRUM CORPS is!! That's right, we don't have anything that remotely resembles a drum corps here (unless you count bagpipe bands....lol). Hey, we do have "marching girls" though. I went backed to the States in 2004 for a vacation. Took my wife to Denver for DCI Finals and she was literally blown away by live drum corps. Anyways, I have been considering trying to get some sort of a drum corps going down here.

Hey Ben, I would love to photograph drum corps. I think Jolesch Photography is too mechanical in their process there. Yes, all they are concerned with is getting a pic of everyone on the field in hopes that the person will buy it. My photography would be more of a photojournalistic/editorial/creative type. Yes, I'm more into telling the story and capturing the emotion of it.

Ben, to make a long story short. My last year marching was 85 with Bucs. Oh, let me back-track on that. In 2000 I arranged for/taught and marched with the Baltimore Ravens Marching band. Hehe, the band didn't go to the Super Bowl, but they sent the staff. Good thing we won. I married in 95 and divorced in 96.....WOW! Been through some ups and downs, then decided it was time to grow up (I think). Met my current wife, Ana, while on vacation in Las Vegas in 98. She is from here in Christchurch. In 2001, I moved out here and married her. She is a very wonderful lady. I have no kids. I've always loved photography and starting my business a few years back. Sports are a lot different here. No "American" football. Thank God for ESPN, we still get Sunday and Monday night games and playoffs. I had to learn about rugby, cricket, and netball. Our rugby team, the All Blacks, and our netball team, the Silver Ferns, are ranked #1 in the world. Not bad for a small island country with a population of less than 4 million. We do have basketball and soccer. Our rugby here is on the level of the NFL in the States. We play in a league called the Super 14, which has teams from New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa in it. I do the photography for our local team, the Crusaders, who have won 6 out of the last 12 Super 14 Finals (comparable to Super Bowl titles). I also do all the photography for Basketball NZ (which includes our men's and women's national teams), and all the photography for FIBA (basketball) when they have championships and Olympic Qualifiers here. Yeah, and we are still growing. I currently have a network of 6 photographers across the country and myself. It definitely keeps me busy.

Well, enough for now. I'll chime back in later. Hey Ben, if you are interested, I have a music writing program called Magix. It's really cool and will convert what I write into MP3. I did a show based on Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell. If ya want, I could send you some outtakes from it. Some really cool stuff.

Later,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
Haha......me? Pass out? NEVER!! From what I hear, I should have passed out at Muncy though.

Hey Ben! Sorry for so long on the reply. Things have been really busy for me down here. Thanks about my website. Sports photography is a lot more work than glamour though. Diving!! How cool! Hey, you can come diving down here anytime. The sharks aren't as bad as Aussie sharks are. People actually swim with the whales and dolphins down here. They also dive for crayfish (lobster).

Who said a party at my house? Was it you Ricky-Lee? Well, everone's invited. Come on down. Maybe enough people can come down here to show these Kiwis what a DRUM CORPS is!! That's right, we don't have anything that remotely resembles a drum corps here (unless you count bagpipe bands....lol). Hey, we do have "marching girls" though. I went backed to the States in 2004 for a vacation. Took my wife to Denver for DCI Finals and she was literally blown away by live drum corps. Anyways, I have been considering trying to get some sort of a drum corps going down here.

Hey Ben, I would love to photograph drum corps. I think Jolesch Photography is too mechanical in their process there. Yes, all they are concerned with is getting a pic of everyone on the field in hopes that the person will buy it. My photography would be more of a photojournalistic/editorial/creative type. Yes, I'm more into telling the story and capturing the emotion of it.

Ben, to make a long story short. My last year marching was 85 with Bucs. Oh, let me back-track on that. In 2000 I arranged for/taught and marched with the Baltimore Ravens Marching band. Hehe, the band didn't go to the Super Bowl, but they sent the staff. Good thing we won. I married in 95 and divorced in 96.....WOW! Been through some ups and downs, then decided it was time to grow up (I think). Met my current wife, Ana, while on vacation in Las Vegas in 98. She is from here in Christchurch. In 2001, I moved out here and married her. She is a very wonderful lady. I have no kids. I've always loved photography and starting my business a few years back. Sports are a lot different here. No "American" football. Thank God for ESPN, we still get Sunday and Monday night games and playoffs. I had to learn about rugby, cricket, and netball. Our rugby team, the All Blacks, and our netball team, the Silver Ferns, are ranked #1 in the world. Not bad for a small island country with a population of less than 4 million. We do have basketball and soccer. Our rugby here is on the level of the NFL in the States. We play in a league called the Super 14, which has teams from New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa in it. I do the photography for our local team, the Crusaders, who have won 6 out of the last 12 Super 14 Finals (comparable to Super Bowl titles). I also do all the photography for Basketball NZ (which includes our men's and women's national teams), and all the photography for FIBA (basketball) when they have championships and Olympic Qualifiers here. Yeah, and we are still growing. I currently have a network of 6 photographers across the country and myself. It definitely keeps me busy.

Well, enough for now. I'll chime back in later. Hey Ben, if you are interested, I have a music writing program called Magix. It's really cool and will convert what I write into MP3. I did a show based on Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell. If ya want, I could send you some outtakes from it. Some really cool stuff.

Later,

Jim

HEY,JEFF REAM.......Hear is one for the history book! Reguarding the birds that would not fly,I was,at that time a member of Ohio Brass Factory,sitting back field,having failed to make finals,watching the show,when westshore released the birds.God it would have been beautiful!!! Any way,Iwas in my mid 20s back then,and just stupid enough to stand up.......... and wave a rubber chicken in the air,exclaiming loudly that "I GOT ONE"!!!! I GOT A GREAT RESPONSE FROM ABOUT 30 PEOPLE SITTING AROUND ME! The rubber chicken was used by a bass drummer in Ohio Brass during our pre-lim show.It is ironic that years later,I would become a member of Westshore,and still have that infamous chicken,in a closet in my home!History is a funny thing,huh?Sandy,Dave and I are looking forward to Forum Show,in 08. Guess we will see you dudes,then!...........HAIRBEAR,OUT.that is all.

HEY,JEFF REAM.......Hear is one for the history book! Reguarding the birds that would not fly,I was,at that time a member of Ohio Brass Factory,sitting back field,having failed to make finals,watching the show,when westshore released the birds.God it would have been beautiful!!! Any way,Iwas in my mid 20s back then,and just stupid enough to stand up.......... and wave a rubber chicken in the air,exclaiming loudly that "I GOT ONE"!!!! I GOT A GREAT RESPONSE FROM ABOUT 30 PEOPLE SITTING AROUND ME! The rubber chicken was used by a bass drummer in Ohio Brass during our pre-lim show.It is ironic that years later,I would become a member of Westshore,and still have that infamous chicken,in a closet in my home!History is a funny thing,huh?Sandy,Dave and I are looking forward to Forum Show,in 08. Guess we will see you dudes,then!...........HAIRBEAR,OUT.that is all.

Hey Baby,

Reserved a room at the hotel for Forum 08 so "the gang" can party. You Sandy and Dave are invited...CANT wait

Souvie Lady