The history of the Westshoremen

Hey ! Happy Thanksgiving ! From what I understand you need to get in touch with Bill Light...he played Sop when I was a member and he's with Five Star now...you can go to their website and link onto how to sign up for the alumni group.

OR, I can give you my email address and you can forward mailing addresses to me and I will see that he gets them??

Take Care, Boom

BOOM,I got ahold of chris moyer,via jeff ream,and we are plugged in,so to speak! NOW..............we just have to see what the repertoire is going to be.there is not much call for congas,etc. in america the beautiful.So I am waiting to hear from chris ...............................................................hope there are songs we can play,on!!

• 2 weeks later...

Where'd everybody go?

Where'd everybody go?

Hey !!! Happy Holidays !!!

Talked to George (Bus #2) the other day and he is still up to his feisty old self...driving for female :laughing: college sports teams....

also talked to Howie last week too...he moved back to PA from FL in August and is living somewhere in York...both asked how "EVERYONE" was doing...but, the funny thing they BOTH specifically asked about RickyLee and Chumley LOL well, and George asked about a bunch of girls tooooooo

Hey !!! Happy Holidays !!!

Talked to George (Bus #2) the other day and he is still up to his feisty old self...driving for female :laughing: college sports teams....

also talked to Howie last week too...he moved back to PA from FL in August and is living somewhere in York...both asked how "EVERYONE" was doing...but, the funny thing they BOTH specifically asked about RickyLee and Chumley LOL well, and George asked about a bunch of girls tooooooo

Jeez it's those LASTING impressions that make you IMMORTAL! hahaha!!!

Any-hoo...we just got back from two weeks in Florida..we DROVE down to the Keys and had a blast! (I didn't want to leave!)

Did a bunch of diving, and drinking, and basking in the sun....

Btw...what you getting me for Christmas Rick? same as last year?

Ruth:

Tell George and Howie i said hi next time you talk to them :).

Ben:

I'm getting you the first orginal DVD of Kyle's first ever band concert :) and of course playing the drums (Proud Dad)

PS... were going to be in town this weekend whooo hoooo

Please tell me that he doesn't own a Superman cape, and hasn't started watching old Ironsides re-runs? THAT will be cool...can't wait to see it!

Guess I missed you in town, but we weren't even close to home most of the weekend...well except for Sunday due to the wonderful weather.... btw...I see your boys are getting a new coach....

• 2 weeks later...

O.K. , I read the entire 307 pages in less than 24 hrs. You guys ROCK! I was with the Dubois contingent in the winter 80-81 season. (Along with Paul Smith, Brian Kearns, Bill Gregor, Wally Pelton) Wondering what happened to John and Julie Close? Haven't played since then, due to my military career. I'm currently having a mid-life crisis :thumbup: and have decided to get back into corps. Just won an Olds valve-rotor Ultratone on E-bay to get my chops back in shape. Does the Alumni Corps us G horns??? I figure by the time I get my chops in working condition in a year or two, I might be relocated back to PA from VA. Perhaps I can make the SIB this year. WEST SHOREMEN RAH RAH ####!!!!!

O.K. , I read the entire 307 pages in less than 24 hrs. You guys ROCK! I was with the Dubois contingent in the winter 80-81 season. (Along with Paul Smith, Brian Kearns, Bill Gregor, Wally Pelton) Wondering what happened to John and Julie Close? Haven't played since then, due to my military career. I'm currently having a mid-life crisis :thumbup: and have decided to get back into corps. Just won an Olds valve-rotor Ultratone on E-bay to get my chops back in shape. Does the Alumni Corps us G horns??? I figure by the time I get my chops in working condition in a year or two, I might be relocated back to PA from VA. Perhaps I can make the SIB this year. WEST SHOREMEN RAH RAH ####!!!!!

Good news is Alumni corps provides charts for both G and Bb horns. Last time I sat in on a rehearsal the G charts looked easier than the Bb charts. Reason is the Bb charts where in a funky key signature of 4 or 5 flats to match the G chart which had one or two flats.

Bad news is the charts are for 3v horns so you'd have to find another note to play for that stray 2/3 fingering (Ab and forget the other one.)

No idea on John or Julie....

Good news is Alumni corps provides charts for both G and Bb horns. Last time I sat in on a rehearsal the G charts looked easier than the Bb charts. Reason is the Bb charts where in a funky key signature of 4 or 5 flats to match the G chart which had one or two flats.

Bad news is the charts are for 3v horns so you'd have to find another note to play for that stray 2/3 fingering (Ab and forget the other one.)

No idea on John or Julie....

Thanks Jim! So I guess the 3 valve horn in Bb is the most current incarnation.