The history of the Westshoremen

Thanks Jim! So I guess the 3 valve horn in Bb is the most current incarnation.

Well, come join the alumni corps this year....April 12 is the show at the forum as well if you only want to be a spectator. If you are interested in playing with Shore (in the words of Sandy-ROCK ME ROCK ME) you can log onto Five Star's website and get onto the mailing list...of if you want to send me an email on here I will make sure I get the info to Bill Light for you and he will make sure he mails you the music...rumor has it the alumni will be playing music "from the early 80s" oh yeah !!!!

Take care Boom

Edited by boomboom

Ruth,

You're quite right. The official repertoire for the 2008 Westshoremen Alumni Corps is:

America The Beautiful

Grand Old Flag

Blues In The Night ( 96 verion)

All The Things You Are

Big Noise From Winnetka.

Looks like a fun show and I can't wait to hit the stage!!!

if you need more info than the site provides, email or pm me.

• Like 1

Ruth,

You're quite right. The official repertoire for the 2008 Westshoremen Alumni Corps is:

America The Beautiful

Grand Old Flag

Blues In The Night ( 96 verion)

All The Things You Are

Big Noise From Winnetka.

Looks like a fun show and I can't wait to hit the stage!!!

if you need more info than the site provides, email or pm me.

All The Things You Are huh? I may be persuaded to make a cameo and re-create my bongo solo!

All The Things You Are huh? I may be persuaded to make a cameo and re-create my bongo solo!

LMAO, we played ATTYA during the '74 season. Only thing I remember from my very first competition is one of the lead baris had a short solo that didn't go over too well. He marched back to the line with an "OH ####!!" look on his face.

OK can't remember the solo, just the OF look... :tongue:

what time is rehearsal ?!?!? :tongue:

this I gotta see

Well, come join the alumni corps this year....April 12 is the show at the forum as well if you only want to be a spectator. If you are interested in playing with Shore (in the words of Sandy-ROCK ME ROCK ME) you can log onto Five Star's website and get onto the mailing list...of if you want to send me an email on here I will make sure I get the info to Bill Light for you and he will make sure he mails you the music...rumor has it the alumni will be playing music "from the early 80s" oh yeah !!!!

Take care Boom

Ruth,

I would consider it quite an honor to join the alumni. Unfortunately, I must delay a year or two for employment reasons. I currently work 12 hour rotating shifts at a power plant near Richmond VA. I figure to spend some time getting my chops in shape and then relocating back to Clarion, Erie, or Somerset county. "Dreaming the Impossible Dream" that I get my crap together just in time for Jeff to hit the power ball and restore balance to the force. I really could use some music to try to learn/relearn some fundamentals. "Journey to the Center of the Earth" WILL be the first thing I attempt to play as soon as my Contra arrives.... from Canada. Great hearing from you and thanks for the invite!

Later,

Frank

This is gonna sound goofy......but WTF. Got my Westshoremen 1980 and 1981 DCA performance CD in the mail. Plugged it into the truck player and when "Journey" came on I GOT CHILLS. After 26 years I didn't think I could be so affected by the drum corps "bug". Like freakin' malaria or something. Any of "yins" ever have that happen? Prolly not since you guys are pro's :wub: Anyway, thought I'd share. My name is Frank and I'm a corps-a-holic.

This is gonna sound goofy......but WTF. Got my Westshoremen 1980 and 1981 DCA performance CD in the mail. Plugged it into the truck player and when "Journey" came on I GOT CHILLS. After 26 years I didn't think I could be so affected by the drum corps "bug". Like freakin' malaria or something. Any of "yins" ever have that happen? Prolly not since you guys are pro's :wub: Anyway, thought I'd share. My name is Frank and I'm a corps-a-holic.

it's like a bad desease. it keeps coming back

Edited by donincardona

it's like a bad desease. it keeps coming back

you are SO right....All The Things You Are -does it for me....well, that and the Cabs coming on the field to their beat and those arms swinging andh those bellbottoms...ZIP IT BEN