The history of the Westshoremen

Ruth were you there when Fran let mallets fly? he stopped the whole corps cold.

mostly from fear

Alright...Forum is this weekend....what's the "chain of events"? Where do I need to be and when for all the fun?

Just a small request to those who were able to participate/ attend. Any pictures of the event or warm-ups, etc would be appreciated. I'm stuck in Savannah, GA and need some Westshoreman memories relived.

And a RIP to Betty. She was a sweetheart. I remember her sewing on my hot pink triangle to my uniform right before a show as I was putting on my bass drum. She had a soothing effect to her.

Ruth were you there when Fran let mallets fly? he stopped the whole corps cold.

mostly from fear

It was at that moment that I think Gut started having second thoughts about allowing me to join the pit that year. :ph34r:

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

LOL, ran into Ruth at the grocery store tonight.

Second thing outta her mouth was "Did you get your tickets yet?". :ph34r:

Little did she know I'm on Unca Larrys mailing list.

Alright...Forum is this weekend....what's the "chain of events"? Where do I need to be and when for all the fun?

drumline goes friday night at the Capital Area performing Arts theater or whatever it's called. it's off 83...same exit you use to get to Red Land, but turn left off the exit instead of right for Red Land.

Saturday we're gathering at 9 to unload, tune, warmup etc, then on stage at 10. with hopefully no issues, we're at Strawberry Square eating by 1.

From there, unsure of formal warm up times. If the weather is nice, we usually aim for over on the steps on the side of the Capital building. In past years if that's taken, we've gone back behind the Forum or by the water fountain at the back of the capital.

It was at that moment that I think Gut started having second thoughts about allowing me to join the pit that year. :guinesssmilie:

Fran

and following years

:thumbup:

Just a small request to those who were able to participate/ attend. Any pictures of the event or warm-ups, etc would be appreciated. I'm stuck in Savannah, GA and need some Westshoreman memories relived.

And a RIP to Betty. She was a sweetheart. I remember her sewing on my hot pink triangle to my uniform right before a show as I was putting on my bass drum. She had a soothing effect to her.

whatever pix I get i'll post

drumline goes friday night at the Capital Area performing Arts theater or whatever it's called. it's off 83...same exit you use to get to Red Land, but turn left off the exit instead of right for Red Land.

Saturday we're gathering at 9 to unload, tune, warmup etc, then on stage at 10. with hopefully no issues, we're at Strawberry Square eating by 1.

From there, unsure of formal warm up times. If the weather is nice, we usually aim for over on the steps on the side of the Capital building. In past years if that's taken, we've gone back behind the Forum or by the water fountain at the back of the capital.

No....I'm talking about the drinking and dubachery! Who cares about rehearsal! :guinesssmilie:

No....I'm talking about the drinking and dubachery! Who cares about rehearsal! :guinesssmilie:

You want to know when the drinking and dubachery practice is????

Yeah, you ain't changed. :worthy::thumbup: