The history of the Westshoremen

shore-1.jpg

and the last one...this is really great...Check out Pop, Norm and Larry in the front row !!!

I believe 1976 with our "new" (aka Blue Devils old unis). Larry had a bunch of professional pics taken at CVs stadium the corps could use for program write-ups. Pretty sure this was taken at the same time. I'm in the next to the last row somewhere.

For those of you in the corps around the late 80's, early 90's, it is with great sadness that I report that Betty Gregory died. She and her husband Ralph drove the truck and played corps mom and Dad for several years, and daughter Heather played mello. She was 71

• 2 weeks later...

rehearsal 3/30 at Susquehanna Twp...stop out if you aren't already playing!!!

We'll see you all at the Forum April 12!

Brian and Larry already know about this, so I might as well make it public.... but I won't be participating with the Westshoremen Alumni this year.

Long story short, it was going to cost us a good deal of money to hire an aide to travel with us, to stay with Barbara that weekend while I rehearsed/performed. So this year, Barbara and I will just be spectators at the show. (Shows, actually, since we plan on checking out the mini-corps contest that afternoon.)

We both plan to be back on stage next year.

Meanwhile, the good news is: All spectators in the first 12-15 rows of the Forum are safe from flying percussion objects this year. :cool:

Fran

Brian and Larry already know about this, so I might as well make it public.... but I won't be participating with the Westshoremen Alumni this year.

Long story short, it was going to cost us a good deal of money to hire an aide to travel with us, to stay with Barbara that weekend while I rehearsed/performed. So this year, Barbara and I will just be spectators at the show. (Shows, actually, since we plan on checking out the mini-corps contest that afternoon.)

Meanwhile, the good news is: All spectators in the first 12-15 rows of the Forum are safe from flying percussion objects this year. :cool:

Fran

FRAN,I AM DISSAPOINTED,BUT UNDERSTAND COMPLETLY...............EVEN HAD HARD HATS READY TO GO,AND UP-DATED MY LIFE INSURANCE POLICY!..LOL! BUT WILL LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THE FORUM..............

I'll be there! Hope to see everyone as well! I'm sure I won't remember anyone's names it was so long ago...they should issue name tags for everyone! hahaha!

I'll be there! Hope to see everyone as well! I'm sure I won't remember anyone's names it was so long ago...they should issue name tags for everyone! hahaha!

its all good,dude!........we will all be sittin on the "group w" bench!.............$1.oo to arlo guthrie!

its all good,dude!........we will all be sittin on the "group w" bench!.............$1.oo to arlo guthrie!

"Group W is where they put you if you may not be moral enough to join the army after committing your special crime..."

Fran

hey man, as long as you're there, that is what counts. Look forward to seeing you both and giving Barbara a hug!

Fran and Barb will be there COOL....

Ben will be there COOL....

Got an email from 70s sop player and soloist Jim Wolfe over the weekend. Saw Jim play with Carolina Gold at 2005 DCA (last of my crew still competing) and he's now with Bridgemen Alumni. Jim sent pics and vid of Bananas at the St Pattys Day parade. again COOL.. Jim also did Westshoremen Alumni last few years with a carload of NC "Friends of Westshore". :cool: