The history of the Westshoremen

Scott, I remember Pepe bringing a bucket of dirt (or sand) in a red wagon to the podium and I am sure it was PEPE who used that bucket to drive the mace HE brought to the field with Hurcs... is this correct?

Not sure, thought it was George, I could be wrong.

Not sure, thought it was George, I could be wrong.

I was told (think by Paul Geiger) that Pepe walked out with bucket and mace. Put down the bucket and slammed the mace in with a Parks like "Arggh". But thought this was retreat and the one laughing loudest was George Parks himself....

I was told (think by Paul Geiger) that Pepe walked out with bucket and mace. Put down the bucket and slammed the mace in with a Parks like "Arggh". But thought this was retreat and the one laughing loudest was George Parks himself....

Ok, that makes sense. I misunderstood the story as it was relayed to me. I can see Pepe doing that and George laughing at it.

Ok, that makes sense. I misunderstood the story as it was relayed to me. I can see Pepe doing that and George laughing at it.

If It makes sense, then that must be what transpired. It's been so long ago I can't remember... Thought I had a video of that somewhere around here, but I can't find it.

Well, I'm just a fountain of useless information here, Ain't I? LOLOL!

And I'm pretty sure it was at Giants Stadium. I seem to remember Pepe doing that also....George used to ACT like he was going to spike it, but he just laid it down.

There ya have it! Jeff remembers EVERYTHING! As we get older, Jeff will have to be consulted with increasing frequency! :spitting:

huh?

:spitting:

And I'm pretty sure it was at Giants Stadium. I seem to remember Pepe doing that also....George used to ACT like he was going to spike it, but he just laid it down.

I know he did it at fnals in 81 at Franklin Field

Just to toss another funny thing out here before BigW gives us his rundown of 1982 (cough cough)...in the 1981 DCA Championships thread just down the page, Tony (from Sun) has a picture of the DM's on the podium after the show in their order of finish. (1.Hurc's , 2.Sun, 3. Buc's) It reminded me of a story from 1984 when we were on a lunch break when I was marching Reading....a bunch of us were sitting around talking about different years, and just general BS...the subject of 1981 finals came up and Reading was another corps that wasn't ...um...."very fond" of the Hurricanes either (which was a good common ground thing those of us that joined from Westshore had with them) The subject off "who got screwed" that night came up, and me (forgetting who I was sitting with) chimed in "Yeah, Sun REALLY got screwed that night!" :spitting: (oh crap!) Well you could have heard a pin drop! :spitting: And I was like "Hey, just my opinion...I got to watch both shows and thought Sun had the edge" Not a good thing to say! but we got over it!