The history of the Westshoremen

Yep! just sit at the bar and then order a giant 3 course dinner! Shove your plates and such all over the bar, take up LOTS of room and when people find you to be a bore, tell them the Hostess sat you there. Make her the most popular employee in the place! :)

That's what I'm talkin' about!! Works everytime!

Actually, I just go a little more direct.

I ask for their general manager's name and number, as well as their name, so when I call him the next day, I can explain to him why they cost him $100 or so in food and drinks.

works every time

Actually, I just go a little more direct.

I ask for their general manager's name and number, as well as their name, so when I call him the next day, I can explain to him why they cost him $100 or so in food and drinks.

works every time

Did that at BestBuy (kinda) when we bought the last PC. Spent 45 minutes talking to the sales kid then found out:

1) It wasn't in stock.

2) Other stores had it, but they would not ship it.

3) Had no idea if one was on the next truck.

4) Would not bother to call me/save one if one was on the next truck.

Called manager and had him admit:

1) Their store policy was losing sales for them.

2) They wouldn't ship between stores because things got "lost" somehow.

He then thanked me for telling him all about it. THEN I ended with "Well just wanted you to know WHY you lost $1000 in sales tonight.... BYE".

Laughs on me bought it and our current TV at CircuitCity (RIP)....

Status. Main reason people like living there now, Ben. Sounds great. There was an area outside Pittsburgh where some people lived where the word on the street was that the people ate cheese and crackers to live there because it was so hip in the '50's and they couldn't otherwise afford their house.

Hey- my former friend lives on one of the main streets in Hershey- house is a wreck. Still appraised at 120+k, my guess is that's what the property itself is worth- the house is crap.... Would be afraid to know what it'd be worth if the house was in any kind of repair and shape....

Oh no kidding! My neighborhood bumps up against one of the neighborhoods with the monster homes with monster cars, and soccer moms! (who work out at my gym in designer workout attire, spend 5 minutes on a bike of treadmill, and leave wiping themselves down with a towel!) The daughter of a lady Lisa knows, babysits for one of them, and she said that most of the rooms are empty, the kids bedrooms have IKEA furniture, the living room and dining room is well appointed with expensive crap, but everything upstairs is junk! The freezer is FILLED with cheapo TV dinners, apparently mom never learned to cook! but the kids all wear name brand crap to school to "keep appearances" because they are "doctors" kids! OY VEY! Lisa's guess is that his medical school tuition bills are still slamming at the wallet, and the wife has to make it look good!

Those monster homes are on the market about every six months, it's funny! But yeah, I freaking hate it here, but have to suffer because the Mrs. has a decent job at the med center and doesn't want a commute :tongue:

Did that at BestBuy (kinda) when we bought the last PC. Spent 45 minutes talking to the sales kid then found out:

1) It wasn't in stock.

2) Other stores had it, but they would not ship it.

3) Had no idea if one was on the next truck.

4) Would not bother to call me/save one if one was on the next truck.

Called manager and had him admit:

1) Their store policy was losing sales for them.

2) They wouldn't ship between stores because things got "lost" somehow.

He then thanked me for telling him all about it. THEN I ended with "Well just wanted you to know WHY you lost $1000 in sales tonight.... BYE".

Laughs on me bought it and our current TV at CircuitCity (RIP)....

Oh, we got the same BS when we went to Best Buy...their sales flyers are the biggest line of crap that I've ever seen! They have NO CLUE what's in their warehouse...my guess is leakage...I worked with a guy that worked at a Circuit City years back part time who used to run a side business selling stuff he stole out of his trunk! (and made more money than his part time job, but kept it to keep his "stock" supplied! :tongue: ) He said that the security and inventory control was pathetic, and he found a way to get around a lot of things....what's funny was when they said they were going out of business, I thought of him and figured that if one guy out of every ten stores was running a side business like he was, no wonder they were losing money! I can see Best Buy in the same boat!

Psst Ben and BigW..... Antique car show in first full week of October. :tongue::tongue:

Used to help out that week as I'm a long time member of the car club that runs it. Then things got too big and ####ed even for me. Just have a ton of horror stories dealing with Herco Security including the a-hole who would't call in when a guy started having chest pains "Not my job". Or the guy who threatened to arrest me when I told him to quit eating the donuts that the club had for the club members. Then again I'm the one who threated to punch out the club member in charge of security when he wanted to tow my car. Then I saw the Derry Twnp cop off to the side laughing his ### off about it. (Cops thought he was an a-hole too.)

Try the White Hill (White Hell) outside of Cramp Hill for preferential treatment. Place is a dive and know a guy who was arrested for DUI while on the parking lot. Last time I went in for a 6 pack, barmaid walked up, opened her mouth to ask what I wanted and then saw two regulars walk in behind me. Didn't even bother to shut her mouth before she walked over to them. She didn't even notice I walked out....

Let 'em come! I'm leaving for the Keys October 2nd! (freaking gypsy's!) :ph34r:

Oh, we got the same BS when we went to Best Buy...their sales flyers are the biggest line of crap that I've ever seen! They have NO CLUE what's in their warehouse...my guess is leakage...I worked with a guy that worked at a Circuit City years back part time who used to run a side business selling stuff he stole out of his trunk! (and made more money than his part time job, but kept it to keep his "stock" supplied! :tongue: ) He said that the security and inventory control was pathetic, and he found a way to get around a lot of things....what's funny was when they said they were going out of business, I thought of him and figured that if one guy out of every ten stores was running a side business like he was, no wonder they were losing money! I can see Best Buy in the same boat!

LMAO on the control..... Bought our flat screen TV at CircuitSh*tty and almost ended up with another set. Paid for it and pulled the car over to the loading area. Few minutes later two guys bring out a TV (out of the box), put it in the car and I'm asking WTF. Get told it's a floor model and I'm about ready to strangle the salesman. Then another guy walks over and wonders why HIS set is in MY car.

Was his set and I wasn't told I had to give paperwork to the delivery desk before I'd get the set. Still was ready to stranlge the salesman. Real hoot was their going out of business sale. All the good crap was bought by liquidators and CC was literally selling bags of cables they used for their floor displays. Still better than when Monkey Wards overstock store went out in the WestShore Shopping Center and they were selling the leftover coat hangers .10 for 1 or 12 for $1. :ph34r:

I grew yup in Camp Hill. Not far from where Jim lives now ( what 4/5 blocks). I love dispelling the myths about Camp Hill all being rich snobs. snobs yes, but not all rich :ph34r:

Oh no kidding! My neighborhood bumps up against one of the neighborhoods with the monster homes with monster cars, and soccer moms! (who work out at my gym in designer workout attire, spend 5 minutes on a bike of treadmill, and leave wiping themselves down with a towel!) The daughter of a lady Lisa knows, babysits for one of them, and she said that most of the rooms are empty, the kids bedrooms have IKEA furniture, the living room and dining room is well appointed with expensive crap, but everything upstairs is junk! The freezer is FILLED with cheapo TV dinners, apparently mom never learned to cook! but the kids all wear name brand crap to school to "keep appearances" because they are "doctors" kids! OY VEY! Lisa's guess is that his medical school tuition bills are still slamming at the wallet, and the wife has to make it look good!

Those monster homes are on the market about every six months, it's funny! But yeah, I freaking hate it here, but have to suffer because the Mrs. has a decent job at the med center and doesn't want a commute :tongue:

oh and if any of you need a plumber, It's all about "Disco" Denny Boyer and Boyer's plumbing. odds are your person may be a young man named Tony Saia