The history of the Westshoremen

Nice way to spell OLDE...it was ONLY 1978! :ph34r:

Heh, someone asked about '83 on a separate thread. I answered them. I need a nap now. Project is wiping me out as well as the Unload. Feel free to chime in, but I think I was as brutally honest as I could be without mentioning a couple of names.

And yes, ask Neidinger about that little incident with that certain person on Bus 1 I nearly strangled to death in my sleep. He'll confirm it. He was about doubled over with laughter in the McDonald's when he told me as I sat there all groggy. All I remember was I slept terribly, was like in a haze even then, and I think I also had a bad case of Bus Face to boot. And before any of you say I was always in a haze, Well, yeah, but at least it was an all natural non alcohol or drug induced haze and well, I was even MORE in a haze then my normally hazy self. :tongue:

They had it coming. Period. Anyone who shows up and joins a corps with Mel Stratton and Frank Dorritie writing the drill and arranging the music and loudly saying the Blue Devils were "bush league" while wearing their corps jacket from a BD rival and criticizing Mel out of hand (who incidentally won a BoA championship with his band during that period, thank you very much) didn't win many brownie points from Baldy, let alone myself. I think I took a number and waited while Badly told this individual to STFU in no uncertain terms. I then asked how many rings THEY got while marching where they did while BD got how many.... I think the bus applauded. This individual STILL kept being a nasty biznachio throughout the season, leading me to nearly strangle them.... :tongue:

Edited by BigW

Nice way to spell OLDE...it was ONLY 1978! :tongue:

:tongue:

Act 48 sucks

How DARE you talk about a Wagner opera like that. :tongue:

:tongue: Noticed a few posts ago that Westshore was thrown out of a Holiday Inn? Back in WBS days it seems we were traveling to Buffalo for a show and stopped at an Inn at Bradford Pa. When we were getting ready to leave management of said Holiday Inn became very distressed because all the coats of arms that were adorning the walls of the restaurant were now on our busses as was most of the silverware and many unpaid checks. (I guess the food sucked, but by the time we got there to eat I was well, on my way to a happier place) Poor Cuck Saia thought he would have to bail the whole corps out as Bradford's finest were not impressed by our litttle gag and little by little the property was returned and bills paid and so on...good thing the show was rained out on Sat. nite and we had to stay over in some flop house hotel in Buffalo till Sunday afternoon or I maybe would have never experienced topless bars at the tender age of 18(NY was 18 legal age back then, and this 15 year old bullshitted the doorman very well)......a great start to my "higher " education

Nice way to spell OLDE...it was ONLY 1978! :ph34r:

ONLY 1978 huh.... :tongue: LMAO, just realized that was my 5th season..... now I'm on my 15th :whistle: WTF!!!

And in case you didn't notice in another post, BigW said when he started in WSM I was one of the "old schoolers". And that was 1979. :tongue:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

ONLY 1978 huh.... :tongue: LMAO, just realized that was my 5th season..... now I'm on my 15th :whistle: WTF!!!

And in case you didn't notice in another post, BigW said when he started in WSM I was one of the "old schoolers". And that was 1979. :ph34r:

:tongue: You young pups make me laugh.....

:tongue: Noticed a few posts ago that Westshore was thrown out of a Holiday Inn? Back in WBS days it seems we were traveling to Buffalo for a show and stopped at an Inn at Bradford Pa. When we were getting ready to leave management of said Holiday Inn became very distressed because all the coats of arms that were adorning the walls of the restaurant were now on our busses as was most of the silverware and many unpaid checks. (I guess the food sucked, but by the time we got there to eat I was well, on my way to a happier place) Poor Cuck Saia thought he would have to bail the whole corps out as Bradford's finest were not impressed by our litttle gag and little by little the property was returned and bills paid and so on...good thing the show was rained out on Sat. nite and we had to stay over in some flop house hotel in Buffalo till Sunday afternoon or I maybe would have never experienced topless bars at the tender age of 18(NY was 18 legal age back then, and this 15 year old bullshitted the doorman very well)......a great start to my "higher " education

sounds like my dad taught you the way he taught me :tongue:

OK...got a friend request on FB this morning and wasn't sure who it was, so I asked...ya never know...Turns out it's Missy Beistline who was in the guard back in 79-81...after talking about a few things she sent this:

It is really good to talk to you. Boy do I really miss those days of drum corp. Do you remember on the way to Oil City and George hit a deer with our bus and there was deer #### all over the front of the bus and we had to wait for another bus. And the time Howie (bus #1) hit the flashing arrow and damaged bus #1. I was also in corp the time we were all kicked out of the Holiday Inn in Peabody (Boston). Those were great times.

Then this:

"Do you remember the time, I believe it was our first show of the season in a town in New York and there was a rain delay and ricki-lee put on his towel and was sliding down the hill of the stadium doing his "Superman" and entertaining the crowd (that boy was never right...lol). I remember the crowd was clapping and laughing at him. Remember Jeff Raudabaugh?? He was just as nuts as Ricki-lee. Jeff and his underwear walks. LOL "

Speaking of the Peabody Holiday Inn...I don't remember if that came up in our historical conversation?!?!?!

Superman came about when i got sunburnt at one of the shows and after the show I was sitting at the top of the hill with red shorts on and a wet budweiser beach towel around my back. Wasn't my fault. I was just minding my own business. And Sky... They ain's so bad :). hmmmmmm come to think of it neither was Lois Lane.

How DARE you talk about a Wagner opera like that. :tongue:

LOL. Act 48 is fine if you HAVE a job. You'll get enough in-service hours to have no issues. If you are NOT teaching... you need to take online courses or actual college courses.

And hmm... don't tet me started about Wagner. I'll start sounding like I do about Houlihans. :ph34r: You'll never see me choose it for any concert band or field show I'd ever do. :tongue:

Holy crap. I just heard that George parks passed away?!?!?!