The history of the Westshoremen

Me freakin' YOW! hahaha!!!! I don't remember reading anything about rim shots on timpani in my "method" book ! heh heh heh! I won't mention the extra few notes at the end of 84.... :silly:

I'm feeling a bit "timpanistic"... It's a state of mind that can only be described by actually wearing one of those puppies! hahaha!!!

I remembered 78's #4..Rick Thompson (how the heck could I forget MONGO!)

I remembered 78's #4..Rick Thompson (how the heck could I forget MONGO!)

Glad you remember Ben. I forgot about Mr Rooooook!!!!!!

I have enough problems remembering who played Bari with me. But the latest on these mugs are:

Mike Brewster/Bruce Schaffer/me - in the Alumni corps this year

Terry Martin - was teaching M&M to the Cabs with Mr Templin the other year

Jamie Washburn - supervisor of MRI Dept at Holy Spirit

Joel Zieders - Lutheran minister (yeah you heard that right somewhere in the state)

Terry Martin and Don Barry.

hide the women.

and the beer

man, we need to get this corps back together

Don Barry! hahaha!!! He was fun to party with! I saw Dan Bowman recently at the Kansas concert, I still see Rob Engle (Buckwheat) from time to time over hawking sodas or something at Hershey events...

I hear from Bowser once in a blue moon (married w/ 5 kids)

I ran into Noell (bari 82 & 83) at the liquor store in Hershey last week...THAT was a surprise!

I work with a girl I marched Reading with (actually it's Chris Moyer's wife Gina)

I contacted Rooook to get Rick's email right before I went to Ohio, but haven't seen him in YEARS...

Other than seeing Rickie Lee in March when I was in Columbus, or running into Jeff depending where you're working (and that's been at least a year since 've run into you) I see NO ONE!

Since I haven't gone to a show since DCI was in DC....

When's the Hershey show this year? I haven't gotten my from yet...Maybe a "tailgate" is in order?!?!?!

(something simple... beer and Oreo Double stuffs)

78 tom line...Wally, Rook, Jeff and who?

Read this again and thought of the whole drum line.

Bunch of HS and college age people, guys from Westshores rebirth in '74 and a bunch of ex-Yankee Rebels. MAN what a mix of personalites :P and experiences.

And of course Wally was YR sandwiched between years with Westshore.....

Geez Jim...you couldn't swing a cat and not hit a Fillipelli...The 4 tom guys we jsut mentioned, Dave Kraus, Danny, Denny, Greg, Ron C...who else...These dudes all marched the next few, and taught me MUCH!

I owe any chops and technique I have (errr had) to Steve Myers, what a set of hands, and an excellent teacher! Back then I used to HATE doing the "warm ups from hail", but 20 years on I see what my hands can do, and can only credit that to him.

Marching back in those days 79, 80, & 81 gave me more percussion knowledge as far as technique, and musicality than any method book would ever do. In fact I want to go back and slap the crap out of my original drum teacher from grade school, for not giving me a better background!

I remember hanging out and watching the 78 line before shows warming up, and just digging what they played! (Jeff, just ask your dad about the tom parts to Granada Smoothie! Flowers was a sick sick man!)

man, we need to get this corps back together

Yes, the corps does need to get back on the field. Benny, the Hershey show is a Sunday afternoon, July 25. A tailgate party would be awesome! :silly:

hershey...my cooler. i park out by the bushes by where the corps are.

and Wally will be there( he has to be there i'm his ride).

we had fun last year til the rain hit, then we closed the Gman. we thought about YP, but Hershman reminded us he's still waiting for a stromboli he ordered at the Carlisle Pike YP in 1979.