The history of the Westshoremen

Hey Jeff-

Do you have a current email address fo Steve Filipelli? I marched in one of his lines, but haven't seen him in 20 years.

Thanks-

LuvsPAisTe

wow which one of the zillion schools did you go to? didnt realize you were a local!

he posts here too, not as much as he used.

if you know his license plate, you know his account name.

Hey Jeff-

Do you have a current email address fo Steve Filipelli? I marched in one of his lines, but haven't seen him in 20 years.

Thanks-

LuvsPAisTe

wow which one of the zillion schools did you go to? didnt realize you were a local!

Drums X ?

I went to Cedar Crest (Lebanon) but I live in Los Angeles now.

Steve was a big, positive influence, and an all-around good guy. I'm lucky to have marched in one of his drumlines.

Hey Jeff-

Thanks-

LuvsPAisTe

Drums X ?

Steve was a big, positive influence, and an all-around good guy. I'm lucky to have marched in one of his drumlines.

LuvsPAiste, did you play tymp in black diamond regiment?

Ooops, that's what I get for posting after my bed time. I forgot that Steve taught a bunch of places. Thought you meant that you marched with him.

I forgot about his license plate too, thanks Jeff.

<Deleed double post....>

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

Ooops, that's what I get for posting after my bed time. I forgot that Steve taught a bunch of places. Thought you meant that you marched with him.

I forgot about his license plate too, thanks Jeff.

BTW- did you used to be known as Chumley?

I'm currently known as the "Drummer Formerly Known as Chumley" for legal reasons...

I see in another post that you went to Ceder Crest..was I one of the instructors when you marched?

Hey Jeff-

Thanks-

LuvsPAisTe

Drums X ?

so you know Moyer, Stauffer, Hackman etc?

We set up a "family tree" of Shore percussion back around 95. Flowers begat Steve, who begat Dan and John, who begat us. Steve is lovingly called Papa because of the influence he had on many of us, even if he never formally taught us. he and John have been my mentor ofr judging, and nothing pleased me more than to see Steve get elected into the KIDA hall of Fame.

he's back with CV now...i expect another jungle show to hit KIDA soon

Hey Jeff-

Thanks-

LuvsPAisTe

Drums X ?

LuvsPAiste, did you play tymp in black diamond regiment?

Close- I played Bass Drum. How'd you know?