The history of the Westshoremen

You were part of the main problem.... there was some edict written somewhere that stated I was never permitted to march or play while a Ream was in the corps! :tounge2:

I also think there is some law somewhere that says I am only allowed to get involved with women who are Westshore alums. :tongue: First Barbara, now Brenda!!!

• Like 2

My guess is most of those people are likely gone now, Ben. If they are not... I'd be surprised at this point.

Well one has "sort of" made up to me, but still isn't quick on the "friend" scale.... Not sure about the other few. One was in the slew of posted pictures last year.... Just thought it was weird because of a lot of people that flipped back in forth in those daze..but....

That's also "partially" the reason I'm not going to the Black & Blue Ball... (only partially because I have another event scheduled that day in Philly...) But I know of another person not interested in going for the same "hate" reasons...we had a long conversation about it fairly recently (and I'll just leave it at that)

Stopped by rehearsal yesterday.

Miss Sadie came in with some guy named Jeff, and told us all what to do. LOL.

The corps sounded pretty good during the ensemble run. 40 or so horns, and the drum line was in great shape. A bunch of new faces there.

Who knows what the future holds... but they'll be good to go for the show April 9.

Edited by Fran Haring

I also think there is some law somewhere that says I am only allowed to get involved with women who are Westshore alums. :tongue: First Barbara, now Brenda!!!

Well at least Brenda got around more...wait...that didn't come out right?!?! :doh::blink::spitting:

Crossmen....Bucs....Cab's...who else?

Edited by Jaminbenb

Well at least Brenda got around more...wait...that didn't come out right?!?! :doh::blink::spitting:

Crossmen....Bucs....Cab's...who else?

Hey, what she did before we met is none of my business!!! LOL!!!

Seriously.... Crossmen 1980-81... 'Shore '82... Bucs '84-87... then Cabs Alumni (and a couple of years with Reilly Raiders, 2013-14) from 2010 on, I believe.

• Like 1

Hey, what she did before we met is none of my business!!! LOL!!!

Seriously.... Crossmen 1980-81... 'Shore '82... Bucs '84-87... then Cabs Alumni (and a couple of years with Reilly Raiders, 2013-14) from 2010 on, I believe.

Yeah, she was well rounded! (and I'm not talking about her spandex shorts! :wow: )

Always had fun with her....those guard ladies (and some gentlemen) went places together which was always cool....

• Like 1

If there is a next year, maybe I'll be back, Ben. At least Frank, Dave, and a couple of guys asked if I wanted to come in day of the performance- but I didn't think it was fair nor right to do so, and I'm not sure of some of the issues I have are really solved. I think some are, but not a couple of the things I view more important.

Ideally- I'd love to do a run with people like you and my sister performing. That's a part of what I view as important.

Well one has "sort of" made up to me, but still isn't quick on the "friend" scale.... Not sure about the other few. One was in the slew of posted pictures last year.... Just thought it was weird because of a lot of people that flipped back in forth in those daze..but....

That's also "partially" the reason I'm not going to the Black & Blue Ball... (only partially because I have another event scheduled that day in Philly...) But I know of another person not interested in going for the same "hate" reasons...we had a long conversation about it fairly recently (and I'll just leave it at that)

People are still ticked off? after all these years?

Evidently, George, and I frankly have a disconnect as to why they would be, and I was contemporary to the situation that caused it. It was the right choice to make, period, and I see no reason why anyone would have any reason whatsoever to criticize it.

Ben is a real goombah to me from corps and always will be- so did Steve Rook, and he's also a real goombah. Doing Bucs never changed my feelings and affections for both of them.

I had a talk in 1981 with Cam Bruce (I'm still feeling upset over that loss) I still remember about this very subject and he really opened my eyes then and even though I never left the Westshore realm as a Drum Corps performer, It led me to respect and understand anyone who did and why doing things like that could be an important game changer for anyone who did for their betterment.

• Like 1