The history of the Westshoremen

Sadie will just cry LOL

With me and kids, what else is new....LOL

My great-niece Brielle... four years old..... has assigned me the role of being the guy who drives her "good friend" Brenda up to see her. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

The Bridgeport show the weekend before DCA in '78... I remember seeing the Westshoremen buses pull in with the "AL Champs" banner on a bus, and the corps members looking like they hadn't slept in a week... LOL... this after they just got back from New Orleans. That was one seriously long trip!!!

I think you've all heard me tell of this before, but that New Orleans trip was the reason I WASN'T allowed to join mid-season that year. Randy Barry (who I went to school with) called me up and said that they lost a cymbal player, and Flowers asked if anyone knew anyone that could slide in before the New Orleans trip. So I asked my parents, and they were on board until my father noticed that THAT trip was still on the schedule (had one of the little business cards with the itinerary and repertoire) And he was like "NO! NO WAY! NO WAY IN HELL!!!" so that ended that.... :tounge2:

I guess it was good that I didn't go to a few practices, get into the thick of things and have to tell everyone that I couldn't go...

I don't know if I got that E-Mail unless it was on the percussion side of things, which I would believe it was.

41 horns were at the last rehearsal, which is better than it usually is, usually the core brass are about 32-36 individuals then everyone shows up at the last minute.

I needed to stop. That's all I'll say in public. When my enjoyment gets sucked out of something for me, I don't see a need to carry on. I wish I had the time and wherewithal to start some kind of Soundsport team and try to take some fun and rather different directions with it. If some things change at Westshore or I get someone there to talk to me and talk seriously about my concerns, I'd readily go back.

I worked 3 hours with the T-Birds this Summer, I played and am working on some church arrangements, I know my mind is still sharp, I can still teach, I can still play very well in spite of a lack of practice, I still have things to offer.

The question would be whether anyone gives a flip. And the answer is for the most part, they do not. :satisfied:

Almost did it one year, but had some run-ins with a few people years back (whom I will not mention in public or private) pretty much told me that my "Buccaneer a$$" wasn't welcome...so that's fine...whatever.

Got my email a few days later than Ben.... and I did Alumni one time more than he did so go figure....

I never DID do Alumni....

LOL I know Ben... I did WSM Alumni once..... and real life has been kicking the crap outta me since...

Maybe we'll see the concert in 2017 but ain't holding my breath. Hoping the copyright mess don't screw up us seeing DCA at home as likely that will be the only DC we see,

But debating going to an Erie practice if they go to Reading again,,, wish we had done that as W was there and Kris and I bought lunch for the corps....

I need to get a hold of Gary again, Jim. I'm using my last two personals Holy Thursday and Good Friday and then they reset at the end of April.

Also, I have a rather educated guess that they will be at Williamsport. It's by far the closest show to Erie short of Rochester, if they're not there, someone's dropped the ball on some end of things.

We could easily tag team on this, I really enjoyed my time with them and I know you would as well. About the best thing I did last year outside of Judging.

Didn't know about Willies port that would be an easier drive as I actually know the route..... Even if we go home after practice would be a kick to watch....

Didn't know about Willies port that would be an easier drive as I actually know the route..... Even if we go home after practice would be a kick to watch....

see for Wport i'll be at home watching DCI. Why DCA runs that night is beyond me

Hell i'm gone

You were part of the main problem.... there was some edict written somewhere that stated I was never permitted to march or play while a Ream was in the corps! :tounge2:

• Like 1