DCI 2010 tour starts to firm up

While I love that Troop has been out west for a couple of years now, I hope they get to swing east sometime soon. There are some long-time fans and friends out that way that would love to have them come their way, I bet.

For years, Casper has been coming East and housing/rehearsing a few towns north of Reading during the DCI East swing of the tour. I saw them in Murphreesboro last year. That's pretty East too.

Always a pleasure to have the Troop around!

Jerry

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only bad thing about going out west, aside from the gas, is not being able to go to Bristol, RI for the 4th. Awesomest place in the country.

Happy fowath. Show us ya *****

For years, Casper has been coming East and housing/rehearsing a few towns north of Reading during the DCI East swing of the tour. I saw them in Murphreesboro last year. That's pretty East too.

Always a pleasure to have the Troop around!

Jerry

They do swing by, but it's pretty quick. I was thinking something more along the lines of going to Boston around July 4, or maybe Virginia/Maryland about that time, doing something with a big fireworks show, and then taking a swing up/down the Eastern states for a couple of weeks. Basically a mirror image of the west tour. But it makes sense to stay west, too.

07 quarters....seriously.

Sure, back in the day 1/4 of the finalists were from CA (BD, SCV, SAC, VK), but when you only have one, MAYBE 2 of the other big guys out at one time, the top 5 at a show isn't gonna happen, especially in June.

Now other regions....possibly once BD and SCV head east. I mean, you could easily have a non-regional show in IL or OH and have BD, SCV, Cadets, Crown, and Cavies show up, since more of the top 5 have been coming out of the midwest and east in recent years...the odds are greater.

Except that DCI purposely spread the wealth around so that local shows can get big enough draws. If one show has all of the Top 5 and another that same night, or the next day, has zero... you can bet people will choose one over the other. When you apply for a show, it says that you are guaranteed a Top 6 group and 2 or 3 finalist.

Sure, back in the day 1/4 of the finalists were from CA (BD, SCV, SAC, VK), but when you only have one, MAYBE 2 of the other big guys out at one time, the top 5 at a show isn't gonna happen, especially in June.

See, this is why you weren't picked to be the treasurer. 4 out of 12 is 1/3, not 1/4.

:thumbup:

Garry in Vegas