Madison Announces 2010 Program

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap on a stick! YES!

And no doubt they'll PLAY rhapsody in blue instead of kind of hinting at it all show and then playing 30 seconds at the end of the show

Melody left us for a another. Now she begs to come back ?

I'm easy. I say we allow Melody ( and her sister, Harmony ) back.

They use to be so HOT ! Maybe they can still take our breath away.

DITTO

IMO any attempt to go back to the "macho Madison" could be a mistake. For one thing macho ultimately connotes to many brash and loud which hasn't won in DCI for some time now. That era is over. As an alum I don't have a need (any more) to have the corps closely resemble the years I was in. I am hoping for a fresh and maybe even bold take on these two classics that doesn't rely heavily on the old mystique. I hope that in the same way Star came in and reinvented DCI, this new team will make Madison today similarly innovative. And if there's anyone who can do it, it's these guys.

Clearly there have been some very good attempts at rejuvenating Madison since the departure of Scott Stewart, some great some not as great. The corps has to be careful because of its wide appeal and handful of wildly popular years to not become a prisoner of its past. The writing on the wall has been there for some time. That kind of drum corps, however entertaining doesn't win anymore. Whether it should win is of course another discussion altogether.

If Madison does to these songs what we all think they will, and they have every great instructor under the book, and the auditionees expand, Madison could very well do what SCV did last year. Give everyone goosebump moments and music to enjoy. Win/ Win. I hope they are all they are being thought out to be, and don't become an epic fail with all the hype. I'd like to see the old Madison brought out by the new Madison.

Feel the love

On DCP!?! :tongue:

They're still HOT. Especially when they walk hand in hand.

I've taken a day to mull this over. I see one of 2 scenarios playing out.

1. The tunes are used in old school/straight forward approach.

Jim Mason argues with the judging community for the entire season that this is what's needed in today's DCI. Madison performs and incredible show yet still gets dumped to the bottom end of top 12 ...... met by wild booooo's at finals by a crowd who felt the corps should have placed in the top 5.

2. The tunes are manipulated to fit todays visual and theme program oriented show design formula's. The crowd hates it, Mason becomes the new Hoppy (once again) and Madison ends up in the top 5.

Which is better for DCI and the Madison Scouts?

Ok. Be realistic. Both of these scenarios are completely implausible.

1. The Madison Scouts are going to finish in the bottom end of the top 12 at best. If you ask me, the organization, it's members, staff, fans and alums should be happy with that result.

2. The Madison Scouts have a long way to go to finish in the top 5.

Edited by contrajedi8