Madison Announces 2010 Program

I just want them to suck the air out of the stadium and hit me with that first chord of Slaughter, just one more time like that first time I saw them live. then I can die a happy drum corps fan.....

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

history with this poster? Really. I would point to the many posts in the thread regarding the staff announcements. Gino, please....please get over yourself.

Before I earn a 3 day suspension, I ask you to get over yourself. You are not Madison. You are Gino and as such are allowed an opinion....same as me. Your soapbox is no more blessed than mine.

History with "this" poster <read ME> Move on.

OK then. Struck a chord there, did I Tom? Obviously I did... LOL

It's OK... really. Calm down. Take it easy. I'm over myself. I'm awesome, but I am over myself. Really. I feel bad you'd want to say something to me so nasty as to get yourself a suspension in a discussion board.

I have no agenda when I'm on my "soapbox" and I'm preaching and pontificating here. I was just pointing out that the "history" with... YOU... is that you love to come into MADISON threads EXCLUSIVELY and put yourself on a collision course with anyone who will bite (sadly me, this time... I'm so ashamed) at your unhelpful and critical point of views you have regarding Madison, and pretty much ANYTHING they do. I don't even know why you waste your time coming in and purposefully, intentionally and predictably trying to find any and all possible faults with Madsion and its programs, its alumni, its corps directors, its board of directors, its staff (except this year - I did indeed note that you are very positive about that!) and that is what your agenda seems to be most of the time. And then you hide behind the "It's just my opinion... don't I have the right to my opinion?" cloke of innocence and then go on the "I'm being attacked for expressing my opinion" campaign. I've never seen you go in to a Blue Devils, Bluecoats or Blue Knights thread and start criticizing all they do. Do you just not like the color Green?

No, I'm not Madison. But I did march there. So I guess I'm at the very least qualified and certified to drink the kool aid, carry the banner, fight the good fight, be an obnoxious opinionated alumni, irritate the heck out of those who get irritated at alumni who do that, and to speak my mind about anyone ... even you... coming in and not finding many good things to say about the corps, when they themselves have a choice to not HAVE to go in to a thread and say negative things when they don't have to. I'm not sure why you yourself don't "move on" and pay no attention to Madison, since everything they do is such a huge let down to you. Move on.

But it's OK you don't like the musical selections the corps has chosen. It is. It's OK.

Yes Geno, you are Madison. Get used to it, accept it, and get the name on your driver's license changed.

:tongue:

Edited by Roark1

C'mon, guys, keep the personal posts to PM - let's just talk about Madison's show in here.

Mike

Madison Scouts or Madison Garrett?

I can't stop myself...

This is NOT an attempt to take this thread off topic. I'm looking forward to what the Scouts have to offer as they begin to “re-establish the Madison brand.” I just think that it's interesting how so much enthusiasm is being shown about the “new” direction of the Madison Scouts, and particularly the effort to get back to being "Madison."

History will recall how there was such a crying "need" for them to get away from what they had always done so well, and how those cries led to the unfortunate mutiny against (and departure of) the man that truly defined what Madison was all about, DCI Hall of Fame Member Scott Stewart.

I'm just wondering if with all of these announcements and ”re-establishing” of the Madison brand, there will also be a formal apology submitted to the great one for what was done to him and the corps after 2002, along with some appropriate public acknowledgment that he ever existed, as his contributions to the corps and the activity itself are still noticeably absent and/or understated on the corps website. By every measure, it is clear that he was right all along, and those that pushed for a “new brand” of Madison were either tragically deceived, or flat out wrong.

With genuine respect to those marching members from 2003-2009, I enthusiastically applaud the efforts that are finally being taken to bring this corps back into itself. All the best to the Madison team, and what they're attempting to do. I, and many others are very much looking forward to once again experiencing the powerful uniqueness of the Madison Scouts.

Two wrongs don't make a right. I seriously doubt the new regime is thinking like this. Indeed, as I suggested earlier, I fear from the tone in this and other threads that the new crew still faces a tough job selling a different version of Madison to some factions. No way this team makes 1995 its starting point. No, they're starting in 2010, with all that implies.

HH

I just want them to suck the air out of the stadium and hit me with that first chord of Slaughter, just one more time like that first time I saw them live. then I can die a happy drum corps fan.....

Would that have been in 75'?.......If so, I enjoyed performing every minuet of that show for you!.......And as I stated on the last page.......

Hmmmmm??.......1975...2010......I'm thinking it's about time to do a 35th. anniversary blow the the roof off, take no prisoners, summer of 75' tour. Yup, I'm hip to that!

I'm a little disheartened that both selections are pieces that have been well used in the past, but I think that's explained by the announcement stating that the new team wanted to "re-establish the Madison Scouts brand". Insofar as that goal goes these are solid selections, I would personally hope that the design staff selects something a little more daring next year.

Sorry to quote something from six pages ago (someone else might have mentioned it), but I basically agree with this sentiment, except that I'm not really disheartened by the selections. This is a great move on the part of the design team to send a message out "hey, this is still the Madison Scouts, we're not going to be playing Medea and Chester Overture and Belshazzar's Feast and Pines of Rome." I, like Matt, hope that they branch out into uncharted territory in 2011 and beyond, but I think this is a good step towards assuaging the alumni base's concerns and starting to rebuild faith in the corps.

But I hear they're planning on playing "When You Wish Upon a Star" in 2012.

Edited by TSRTS13

OK then. Struck a chord there, did I Tom? Obviously I did... LOL

It's OK... really. Calm down. Take it easy. I'm over myself. I'm awesome, but I am over myself. Really. I feel bad you'd want to say something to me so nasty as to get yourself a suspension in a discussion board.

I have no agenda when I'm on my "soapbox" and I'm preaching and pontificating here. I was just pointing out that the "history" with... YOU... is that you love to come into MADISON threads EXCLUSIVELY and put yourself on a collision course with anyone who will bite (sadly me, this time... I'm so ashamed) at your unhelpful and critical point of views you have regarding Madison, and pretty much ANYTHING they do. I don't even know why you waste your time coming in and purposefully, intentionally and predictably trying to find any and all possible faults with Madsion and its programs, its alumni, its corps directors, its board of directors, its staff (except this year - I did indeed note that you are very positive about that!) and that is what your agenda seems to be most of the time. And then you hide behind the "It's just my opinion... don't I have the right to my opinion?" cloke of innocence and then go on the "I'm being attacked for expressing my opinion" campaign. I've never seen you go in to a Blue Devils, Bluecoats or Blue Knights thread and start criticizing all they do. Do you just not like the color Green?

No, I'm not Madison. But I did march there. So I guess I'm at the very least qualified and certified to drink the kool aid, carry the banner, fight the good fight, be an obnoxious opinionated alumni, irritate the heck out of those who get irritated at alumni who do that, and to speak my mind about anyone ... even you... coming in and not finding many good things to say about the corps, when they themselves have a choice to not HAVE to go in to a thread and say negative things when they don't have to. I'm not sure why you yourself don't "move on" and pay no attention to Madison, since everything they do is such a huge let down to you. Move on.

But it's OK you don't like the musical selections the corps has chosen. It is. It's OK.

Thanks Gino. Appreciate it. I have learned alot from you. I will be a better citizen because of you. Thanks again.