World Class 2010 Programs

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAWW!

That caw needs to BE BETTER!! haha.

I like it! Great way to think of how we really do jump around a lot as far as "themes."

I've heard both, and can't tell which one I like better, honestly.

I'm a bit biased since I saw Sedatole conduct this live for its premiere performance but I think his interpretation of percussion parts and tempos were a lot more exciting. I also thought the written dissonance in the trombone parts were much more effective in the MSU version. OSU might have been cleaner though.

Either way, this is going to be a true drum corps classic IMO.

DW

Are you sure Jimmer is the arranger?

Announcement came out back in October. From BKs' website:

The Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corps of Denver, CO is pleased to announce the addition of Jim Prime to the Blue Knights design team for the coming competitive season. Jim will be joining Marc Sylvester, Russ Newbury, Jeff Ausdemore and Tim Newburn to design the Blue Knights 2010 program.

Returning to the Blue Knights in 2010 after a 17 year absence is DCI Hall of Famer Jim Prime. “Jim Prime played a key role in the development of the Blue Knights,” stated Blue Knights Executive Director Mark Arnold. “He was our musical arranger along with fellow design team members George Zingali and Ralph Hardimon when we first became a DCI finalist. His influence was instrumental in shaping the musical approach of the corps for years to come. Jim will be assisting with overall programming and musical design. I am excited to welcome him back!” Mr. Prime has arranged for the Garfield Cadets, Star of Indiana and was Music Director of the Tony award winning Broadway hit musical Blast!

“We are blessed with a design team that brings an incredible amount of experience and prior success in the drum corps activity to the Blue Knights,” said Arnold. “I can hardly wait to see our show on the field this summer!”

I'm a bit biased since I saw Sedatole conduct this live for its premiere performance but I think his interpretation of percussion parts and tempos were a lot more exciting. I also thought the written dissonance in the trombone parts were much more effective in the MSU version. OSU might have been cleaner though.

Either way, this is going to be a true drum corps classic IMO.

DW

After listening to both again, I agree with your points here as far as the energy of MSU and the cleanliness of OSU. I'd like a happy medium though, just for the heck of it :tongue:

That caw needs to BE BETTER!! haha.

Would that be a...UNT Eagles CAWW, CAWW?!?

As for Phantom...Eine Kleine Claire de Lune??

Would that be a...UNT Eagles CAWW, CAWW?!?

As for Phantom...Eine Kleine Claire de Lune??

Why yes... yes it is a UNT CAWW!! haha.

I've been hearing a lot of good things from everyone who's been going to the different camps. I'm definitely excited about this year... in particular Vanguards "Bartok" show. Heard a lot of good things there=)

cavies doing mad world and smile......ok i have a title for the show.

The Grass Is Always Green Machine

get it? ahhhh i need a life

oh wait this is my life

I've wanted to hear The Prayer Cycle by Jonathan Elias for quite some time now. In particular I think

"Hope" (if performed by Glassmen) will be a tear jerker for me...