The Beatles

Garfield in 1970 did a medley of 'Paperback Writer/Day Tripper' as our concert, before switching to a medley from 'Paint Your Wagon' half-way into the season.

At least you didn't have Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin trying to do the vocals like the PYW movie did. :smile:

:lol:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1986 Canadian Knights did an all Beatles show - Doug Thrower was the arranger.

in 1992 The Bluecoats Hired Doug Thrower to work with their Brass and coincidentally did an all Beatles show

My understanding is that Doug is a big Beatles Afficianado

Edited by bluecoats88

1986 Canadian Knights did an all Beatles show - Doug Thrower was the arranger.

in 1982 The Bluecoats Hired Doug Thrower to work with their Brass and coincidentally did an all Beatles show

My understanding is that Doug is a big Beatles Afficianado

I think the CK show was 87. In 86 they did a train motif show.

I think the CK show was 87. In 86 they did a train motif show.

I thought it was 86, but you could be right.

Either way, the rest of the info in my post was correct.

Edited by bluecoats88

My corps played Eleanor Rigby & Yesterday back in the early 80s.

We got round the any copyright issues by not asking for permission in the first place. Finishing last or 2nd to last for most of that season also helped us maintain a low profile....

hmmm... so you are fine with someone sneaking around, taking another person's car out for a joy ride without the owner's permission or knowledge, and as long as they do not wreck it and they keep a low profile, no problem. Interesting...

Edited by Stu

hmmm... so you are fine with someone sneaking around, taking another person's car out for a joy ride without the owner's permission or knowledge, and as long as they do not wreck it and they keep a low profile, no problem. Interesting...

Look where he's from. If you've ever been to Glasgow......... ;-)

also, cars and copyright, not quite the same thing. especially in DCUK in the early 80's.

I've arranged at least 22 Beatles' songs, for at least 8 drumcorps. Then there's marching bands, brass bands, jazz bands, assorted vocal groups, etc.

I've arranged at least 22 Beatles' songs, for at least 8 drumcorps. Then there's marching bands, brass bands, jazz bands, assorted vocal groups, etc.

How much were you charged for permission to arrange by the copyright holder for each of those 22 charts?