Has anyone received....

I don't know.....maybe I just haven't seen the response.....but.....

If everyone has rave reviews of the product DCI puts out, why hasn't there been a bid for that company? And if there has, and the price is too high, don't you think the price would be worth it rather than having all of these complaints....year...after year...after year...after year...after year???

Just sayin....

<$1 to MelloGene>

Edited by FPonzo

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, DCi removed some features I loved, so i'm not as enamored with them as I used to be

.... their CD's or DVD's from DCA's yet?

I expected mine to be waiting for me when I got home, but...

Andy

I spoke with Gary from BVP on Wednesday morning and he told me that the CD and DVD orders that were placed at the show DCA weekend were being filled first and that all other orders would be sent next. He told me that the CD's & DVD's would be being shipped on Monday or Tuesday of this coming week. So they should be coming soon. Canadian orders would likely take about 5 days to come over the border. Can't wait for mine. I hope this helps folks.

I spoke with Gary from BVP on Wednesday morning and he told me that the CD and DVD orders that were placed at the show DCA weekend were being filled first and that all other orders would be sent next. He told me that the CD's & DVD's would be being shipped on Monday or Tuesday of this coming week. So they should be coming soon. Canadian orders would likely take about 5 days to come over the border. Can't wait for mine. I hope this helps folks.

---------

At least it is some answer - - better than most folks got it seems.

Thanks!

My duplicator in my studio can easily crank out 100 DVDs overnight. If the editing was completed the week after DCA (which IMHO shouldn't take any longer than that), they could have been duplicated in a few days, stuffed and shipped.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic ... but I know my video production capabilities, and would have had the production run done within a few weeks (see my post in the other DVD thread for estimates for production).

Jeff, you really have to put in a bid with DCA. I'm sure you could rent the requisite equipment and find per diem technical help. At the very least, the recording would be supervised by someone who cares.

I'm just annoyed that my credit card got charged way back in September, but I have yet to see a product. Pretty lame.

actually, DCi removed some features I loved, so i'm not as enamored with them as I used to be

I agree, but the quality of the product is still good; they are pretty good about keeping to their delivery schedule-or, IIRC, a few years ago they had some issues with color quality and rather than rush out a sub-par product, they delayed delivery but they were upfront that there would be a delay and the reasons for it; and your card doesn't get charged until the product ships.

I didn't even bother ordering this year. If another company takes over I'll buy again in a heartbeat.

I wish I paid more attention to what is being said on these threads. My 2009 DVD came in and it was the worst quality I have ever experienced on a DVD. I've seen first time amatuers do a better job. There's no reason for a company in the business of making DVD's for the public to produce such a sub standard product. I emailed them and have not recieved a response, plus I waited 7 weeks for the DVD for what. I'm with Spandy, if another company takes over I'm in.

Ben

.... their CD's or DVD's from DCA's yet?

I expected mine to be waiting for me when I got home, but...

Andy

I ordered DCI CD's and DVD's about two months ago, and received CD's in about 4 wks (delivery to Canada), however there was a note inside to say the DVD's would come in November, so they obviously take a little longer to produce.

As for quality, I haven't watched a DCA DVD for a few years, and recall being disappointed with the last one's I bought. Didn't like the camera range and strange focus (not on soloists, or features at times).

I have no complaints on the DCI DVD's or CD's. In the past they've always had the field level or overhead type view included. If Jeff is indicating they have removed this feature, I will be disappointed, but I'm sure the quality will be up to snuff.