2009 DVDs

If i'm not mistaken, in Jersey they have grass, and in Indy it is field turf.

Nope....jersey's been turf for quite a while now....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might not be able to take the helmet off. The field we rehearse on at UT is field turf and the yard lines are permanent as well as the soccer field markings. The IU logo was on the field in Bloomington last year was it not?

Was not impressed with the sound quality at all. Recordings seemed sanitized to reduce reverb. Was like listening to Drum Corps in a soup can.

I have seen them....honestly, it's what i expected when you have the ability to do work on the sound afterwards, much better than the live feeds for quarters and semis.

my hunch is people will like the sound better on tape than live

Was not impressed with the sound quality at all. Recordings seemed sanitized to reduce reverb. Was like listening to Drum Corps in a soup can.

It is worlds better than what it sounded like live.

I'll have to wait until I get the DVDs at Christmas to really make comments. I have the CDs but the DVD audio is always slightly different... usually a little more editing done... like cracked notes and stuff you can here on the CD disappear on the DVD... it's magic!!!!

I'm quite happy with how they all turned out.

And I'm not sure if it was commented on much from a performer's perspective...but let me tell you...it was no better on the field than it must have been in the stands. Felt like I was out there with 149 of my best friends...playing all by myself. Horrible.

I'm quite happy with how they all turned out.

And I'm not sure if it was commented on much from a performer's perspective...but let me tell you...it was no better on the field than it must have been in the stands. Felt like I was out there with 149 of my best friends...playing all by myself. Horrible.

Yup.. i got the same response from people who just got back from BOA. It hasn't been brought up much, but I have brought up before on one of the many threads complaining about the stadium... weirdest experience ever... because it's not really like that in the Georgia Dome or Alamodome.. maybe it's the ridiculous amount of vertical space.

But I am happy with the recordings all things considered.

So I ordered my DVDs on November 2, and they still haven't shipped. The payment hasn't even been processed... Man, this is rather aggravating.

Edited by cmathis