Blue Devils Make 2010 Finals Performance?

Lance

?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Will BD make finals?

• yes
    • no
    • both
    • neither

I think this is a clear no. For obvious reasons.

I voted neither, because throughout the season it seems that they are not really competing against any of the other World Class corps. Based upon 2009, they can apparently do virtually anything they want and be rewarded. Come finals night, they're kind of like an exhibition corps that can do no wrong... which makes the point of it being a "competition" moot. They should be in their own separate class, outside the inferior "Top 12" finalist. :rolleyes:

[sarcasm Off]

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted neither, because throughout the season it seems that they are not really competing against any of the other World Class corps. Based upon 2009, they can apparently do virtually anything they want and be rewarded. Come finals night, they're kind of like an exhibition corps that can do no wrong... which makes the point of it being a "competition" moot. They should be in their own separate class, outside the inferior "Top 12" finalist. :rolleyes:

[sarcasm Off]

Yeah, someday they'll be good enough to actually earn their placement. Someday everybody will actually be intelligent, too. I hope.

I voted "both" and "neither" and "no" since it allowed multiple votes.

Are we seriously discussing this...

Has an corps ever won finals then not made it the next year? (without collapsing)

I voted neither.

Disqualified due to Overage Members from East Berlin carrying Contrabassoons onto the field.

Edited by 3rd_Star_Brigade

The OP has unwittingly scooped DCI’s announcement that BD will no longer be allowed to compete in World Class. The “new” Universe Class will be announced shortly and BD has been “bumped up” out of World Class. They will be competing against such heavenly corps as:

- Gabriel’s B flat Marching Brigade (with Gabriel himself on SOP);

- Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Heart’s Club Corps (with John and George in the Pit);

- John Philips Sousa’s Marching Marine Band (with 16 member Sousaphone section – provided by King brass),

- 77th Division Band (with their WW I show “Over There” including the use of Ottomans during a portion of the show);

- Meredith Wilson’s 76 Trombone Marching Band (due to DCI rules Trombones have been replaced by 46 Baritones, 15 Euphoniums & 15 Mellophones and 110 Cornets – for which he will be penalized!)

It is felt that BD has a shot at finals in the Universe Class with their 2010 production “Why is there Air?” (much is not known of the details but it is rumored that there will some levitation involved and Downey has been channeling Mozart and promises some legendary company front moments). :rolleyes: