So What UPSTATE NY Corps Will You March With?

What Corps Will You March With?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which Corps 2010

• Brigadiers
    • Empire Statesmen
    • White Sabres
    • Excelsior
    • Crusaders

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just my history (not that egotistical) or do you guys keep bringing up my Fulton Gauchos more and more often? Guess we made a bigger impact than I ever knew... Gene Tracy and the Fulton "Former Brigadiers" gang did a great job with a solid corps in the 60's... Grassi and Allen on Snare were both former Brigs in the 50's and Bobby Thompson students... then they were joined by the "kiddie" drummers - Maynard, Rogala (yes that "7" Rogala), Bullard, Famularo and all....

Sam Firenzi (Dave's Dad) was an amazing leader and drum major...

The horn line had the old timers (many former Brigadiers) Gene Tracy, Ed Tryniski, Dave Halstead, Dick Holloway, Gabe Fabrizio, Mike Cortini, Syd Fitch, Bruce Bradley, Jack Haynes, Larry Thompson, Theo (I forget his last name), Bernie Coe, Jack Higgins, Ed Peashey and many more - and then we had the kiddie corps of horn players... myself, Dave Firenzi, Dennis Scaringi, bob Bradley, Lee Somers, Bill Roy and many more

Guard had Dennis Higgins, Dennis Morris, Bill Leach and a bunch more....

I'm forgetting many, but but just feeling nostalgic today...

I liked the Gauchos, especially if we beat them LOL, seriously though, they could have been a corps that moved to Open Class in the late 70's and maybe replaced another corps that had an "os" at the end of their name. Thanks MUCH!

Is it just my history (not that egotistical) or do you guys keep bringing up my Fulton Gauchos more and more often? Guess we made a bigger impact than I ever knew... Gene Tracy and the Fulton "Former Brigadiers" gang did a great job with a solid corps in the 60's... Grassi and Allen on Snare were both former Brigs in the 50's and Bobby Thompson students... then they were joined by the "kiddie" drummers - Maynard, Rogala (yes that "7" Rogala), Bullard, Famularo and all....

Sam Firenzi (Dave's Dad) was an amazing leader and drum major...

The horn line had the old timers (many former Brigadiers) Gene Tracy, Ed Tryniski, Dave Halstead, Dick Holloway, Gabe Fabrizio, Mike Cortini, Syd Fitch, Bruce Bradley, Jack Haynes, Larry Thompson, Theo (I forget his last name), Bernie Coe, Jack Higgins, Ed Peashey and many more - and then we had the kiddie corps of horn players... myself, Dave Firenzi, Dennis Scaringi, bob Bradley, Lee Somers, Bill Roy and many more

Guard had Dennis Higgins, Dennis Morris, Bill Leach and a bunch more....

I'm forgetting many, but but just feeling nostalgic today...

Where these guys from Fulton NY, Like right near Amsterdamn, and like 45 min. from Albany?

Some really good corps back in the 70's in upstate NY. Besides the Gauchos (Yes Fulton, NY), there was the Black Knights (Oswego, NY), Marauders (Syracuse), Purple Lancers (Auburn), Greece Cadets (Rochester), Squires (Watkins Glen) :tongue: ...did I miss some?

Where these guys from Fulton NY, Like right near Amsterdamn, and like 45 min. from Albany?

Canandaigua Renegades, Newark Spartans, Shortsville Shamrocks, Alpine Girls, Nunda Rancheros, Castile, Watlins Glen Squires, Wayland Something or others, come on but really I think the whole thing started over DCA current corps, right?

This Bariman must be an oldie boy he can go way back.

Well the goal of EXCELSIOR was to bring back competitive drum corps to the capital district of NY and western Mass. This past season we where the first to field a competitive all age drum corps to come from this area in over 20 years. It was no easy task (as many of u probably know) but it was worth it, many of us where in tears after our first show. Just because WE MADE IT. The older members had always mentioned all the drum corps that used to be around here, and I STILL keep learning of more!

I think the goal of this thread was to see who was going where for the current COMPETITIVE DCA corps in upstate NY haha

Some really good corps back in the 70's in upstate NY. Besides the Gauchos (Yes Fulton, NY), there was the Black Knights (Oswego, NY), Marauders (Syracuse), Purple Lancers (Auburn), Greece Cadets (Rochester), Squires (Watkins Glen) :tongue: ...did I miss some?

I remember my year at Fulton (1977) ... what an amazing time. Especially when we did beat the "other corps that ended with an 'os'" at Butler, PA. But Keith how can you forget that amazing hornline of the Grenadiers from Apalachin? Ken Turner - led they finished as high as 8th in horns in '74 I believe. Their hornline was one of the best to watch and listen to. Another great Upstate corps that was great to "watch" was the Mello-Dears ........ but we won't go there :tongue: