SCV 2010 - BARTÓK

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was interesting to watch the crowd on Finals night. The overall lack of emotional response to the shows was amazing. Vanguard brought the crowd to its feet with genuine applause during the company front. Looking around during the top 4 shows, I noticed that the crowd, as a whole, was not as emotionally into the performances as much as Vanguard's. Obviously, the top four shows didn't keep my attention either if I spent the time watching the members of the audience.

Have to disagree with this. I was at Finals, sitting in the 400 level on about the 15, a good vantage point to gauge audience appreciation of the shows. I found that the excitement factor really kicked up a notch when SCV entered the field. And, yes there was a great response to the company front. Things died down a bit for the Cavies. However, when HNC entered the field the noise level immediately went up, and you could feel the excitement in the crowd. It held through the Cadets' show. Then, when Crown entered the field, the noise level again went up, and again, you could feel the excitement in the crowd. Again, it continued through Crown's show. It slumped a bit for BD. I think one of the things I enjoyed most about Finals night was the excitement/audience buying into SCV, Cadets and Crown to such a great extent.

It's funny how different perceptions can be of the same event. Just read the reviews section of the board. You get about 300 different accounts of what "the crowd" was like.

All I remember of the crowd were all the bloos near the end of full retreat...